Topic Title: DirectX 3D3 9 failed to initialize - AMD Radeon 7640 Win 8 64 - ALL games
Topic Summary: DirectX error in every game - tried everything
Created On: 01/29/2013 10:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/29/2013 10:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kalolokid
Peon

Hello all! I'm at a complete loss. I'm a computer noob, and I have taken this problem to my computer friends who are also at a loss. 

I have tried to play Mabinogi and Firefall on my computer, each without success. I get the same DirectX error each time I try to load up a game. Simpler things like Second Life work fine. This is a brand new computer with a good/fair graphics card which SHOULD work for Firefall since it is a new game.

Windows 8 64 bit. AMD Radeon 7640G.

Drivers all updated to latest versions multiple times. Nothing helps.

Any more information needed?

01/29/2013 11:10 PM

Author Icon
Jorge007
Peon

Is there a specific DirectX error code? Or does it just say it failed to initialize. Have you installed the latest version of DirectX? You can update it from the microsoft site. 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

-------------------------

Jorge loves running everyday!

01/30/2013 10:20 AM

Author Icon
kalolokid
Peon

I get multiple errors from different applications. All of them say the D3D is not installed, or failed to initialize. I have the latest versions of my driver and of DirectX.

01/31/2013 09:13 PM

Author Icon
Jorge007
Peon

Go to the start screen and type "dxdiag" you should get an icon called "dxdiag.exe" It will load DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Go to the "Display" tab. Does it say anything in the Notes section? Are all Direct X features enabled? Also, new drivers are not always better than previous versions. 

01/31/2013 11:51 PM

Author Icon
kalolokid
Peon

Everything is enabled and under all fields and tabs it says "No problems." I've looked at the dxdiag many times. This has to be something internal, I think... Should I take advantage of my warranty and send in for a new computer to replace this one? Could it be that something about the drivers is faulty? I've tried everything the internet and most tech support forums could dish out, and nothing has changed or improved the situation. I thought I'd try posting here as a last resort to see if anyone had found any solutions.

02/01/2013 09:57 AM

Author Icon
Jorge007
Peon

It could be a lot of things. GPU, Bad OS Installation, Drivers, etc. A reinstallation of Windows might fix it. You should definately take advantage of the warranty. That would of been my first resort. I shouldn't have to tweak anything on the computer to get it to work. It should all work the moment I turn it on. 

02/01/2013 10:44 AM

Author Icon
kalolokid
Peon

Good point. Looks like that's what I'll be doing. Thanks!

Statistics
84179 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.