Topic Title: How to test functionality/integrity of video card in Laptop?
Topic Summary: Looking for software or methodoligy to verify the operation of my HP Envy Video card.
Created On: 02/14/2013 09:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2013 09:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
OldeGreyWoolf
Peon

I hope I'm in the right place;  if not please advise and redirect.

I have an HP Envy, in warranty, laptop with YOUR ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series video card (not on the list above?).  I have contacted HP but they are clueless as always.

I am looking for a software, procedure, methodology, etc to try and determine if the video system is working properly (that question got no response from HP).

What is happening is that when I am watching TV on my system by way of a cable TV input and a USB TV Tuner (Hauppauge HVR950), the moving display screen (using Hauppauge's WinTV app) will intermitently and randomly freeze for a second or three and make a stuttering sound.  When the movement restarts the sound is often out of sync with the picture.  Closing & restarting the app fixes the sync issue.

This has ALSO occurred while watching a AVI &/or FLV video file on my Real Player app.

So it has occurred on two different viseo applications and while it only happens now about 4 times a day, the frequency of occurrence is increasing.

My suspicion is a hardware malfunction in the video display card system.  Hence my request for any software or methodology to test this theory.

Suggestions??  HP TS is useless as ever.  I am pretty savvy with a computer.

Thank you for your help and attention.

The OldeGreyWoolf

-------------------------
Bob M Woolf
Statistics
85324 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.