Topic Title: Samsung issues
Topic Summary: Having trouble with my samsung laptop and a radeon mobility driver
Created On: 02/21/2013 05:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2013 05:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bernardosgr
Peon

Hello there everyone, I'm currently having some trouble with my laptop, trying to install an approptiate driver for my graphics card, I recently installed Windows 7 on this PC and it previously ran on Windows 8, had a lot of driver issues which I fixed but I just can't seem to get past this one...

I have a Samsung NP350v5c-S04PT with these specs:

Processor: i7-3630QM (2.4GHz, Max 3.4GHz/6Mb)
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 2 x SODIMM (memória máxima 8GB) 
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon™ HD7670M + AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics
2 GB gDDR3 (dedicated) + Shared Memory
HDD: 750 GB S-ATA II (5400 rpm)
Drives: DVD+RW Super Multi Dual Layer (S-ATA) 

And when I had Windows 8 it all ran smoothly, I had the switchable graphics laid out perfect and all workin' like a charm but now, after the clean install I have Intel HD Graphics installed but I can't install the approptiate drivers that I'm getting from AMD's site (I've tried both 32 and 64 bits despite knowing my system is 64), it just shows up a window saying something like this: 

"It is not possible to download AMD Catalyst Mobility due to an hardware/software incompatibility in your computer.
there is no support for your graphical adapter. Contact your notebook supplier for an update for your graphical (not shure if this is graphical or display) adapter."

02/21/2013 05:13 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Two options for you to try

Updating Mobility drivers

The other option would be to go to Samsung's support website and download the software from them.  Most laptops are not "reference design" so downloading drivers from hardware manufacturer's such as AMD will most likely not work for you because they do not contain Samsung's customized specifications.

Edit....Whhhooooaaaaa.....This post marked my post count #666....be careful man!!! 

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

02/21/2013 05:19 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Forum Moderator

The post does not appear evil... which only makes it even more suspect...

And yeah... this seems a common problem with laptops that have the switchable widget-thingy.  Give it a few pokes and everything goes to hell.

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Troll Hunter

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

02/21/2013 05:42 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

Statistics
85296 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.