Topic Title: Updating drivers
Topic Summary: AMD is always sending us to the manufacturer's website for the drivers
Created On: 02/24/2013 01:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/24/2013 01:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
elfnoire
Peon

Hello,

I have just joined this forum becuase I am totally tired with AMD cards and the AMD drivers

Why?

well,

here is why;

1) Why AMD keeps asking us users to go to the laptop manufacturers website??

Does AMD really think we will have the latest drivers for our hardware?

If yes, You guys got to really be joking right?

I have got a brilliant Sony laptop VPCSB1B9E which works like charm and been very happy with the laptop for almost 2 years but,

the display card which I got in it, is nothing more than a piece *****. The driver is still one year old because there are no new drivers at the Sony web site. Card is absolutely crap if I try to play a game no matter what kind of game. The display card cannot be used for a decent smooth browsing either . If they website has some flash or some nice graphics, my CPU coolers starts screaming. Come on AMD!! a laptop with i7 CPU, 6GB RAM SSD drive should be capable of playing anything!!

Please do not BLAME MY SONY!!!

there is nothing wrong with my sony. The only weakness is this crappy card you have build and delivered to us.

I am gonna absolutely make sure my next Sony has no ***** in it which is called ATI.

I do apologize for my behaving because I am really sick and tired of ATI cards in every laptop I have had in last 6 years.

02/24/2013 01:30 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Dear sick person....if you read the stickys you will see Sony has prevented the use of generic drivers for their laptop graphics. They have modified the drivers to work with their bios and applications. Don't feel bad, Panasonic and Toshiba have done the same. So blame Sony. Your option is to use modded drivers...google it. And btw, if you had a Sony, Toshiba, or Panasonic laptop with Nvidia drivers it would be the same...check the laptop section of Nvidia forrums or go to the Sony laptop support forum and see for yourself. Have a nice day.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

02/24/2013 02:07 PM

Author Icon
elfnoire
Peon

Stumped,

Looks like you got the answer for the drivers but,

How do you explain the weak performance? is that also needs to be blamed to sony?

BTW,

What you are saying is not true. Sony does make the modding perhaps but they do not kill the performance of the card. My college is using also Sony which has Nvidia in it and sorry to dissapoint you but, in that machine any kind of game can be played and Firefox browser runs extremely smoother.

My 17 years old son had a desktop machine which was built custom where he had ATI display card and I unfortunately will dissapoint you again, because most of his games simply didn't run with ATI. Guess what I did? I just replaced it with Nvidia and all the problems were PUFF!.

Please notice!!

I am not saying here that Nvidia is better! all I am saying is, AMD drivers mostly sucks and your hardware has always got the weakest results in windows OS.

If you really want to serve peoples and give them something good which would make them happy, you probably should think first before answering my messages because I am not here to give you crap I am hoping to give you some messages about your products which would help you to improve them.

Edited: 02/24/2013 at 02:23 PM by elfnoire
 02/24/2013 02:43 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: elfnoire Stumped,

Looks like you got the answer for the drivers but,

How do you explain the weak performance? is that also needs to be blamed to sony?

BTW,

What you are saying is not true. Sony does make the modding perhaps but they do not kill the performance of the card. My college is using also Sony which has Nvidia in it and sorry to dissapoint you but, in that machine any kind of game can be played and Firefox browser runs extremely smoother.

My 17 years old son had a desktop machine which was built custom where he had ATI display card and I unfortunately will dissapoint you again, because most of his games simply didn't run with ATI. Guess what I did? I just replaced it with Nvidia and all the problems were PUFF!.

Please notice!!

I am not saying here that Nvidia is better! all I am saying is, AMD drivers mostly sucks and your hardware has always got the weakest results in windows OS.

If you really want to serve peoples and give them something good which would make them happy, you probably should think first before answering my messages because I am not here to give you crap I am hoping to give you some messages about your products which would help you to improve them.

First of all..they are not 'my' anything. I am a poor schlep just like you. This is a user-to-user gaming forum. AMD can be contacted by phone or e-mail...but you do have to look in the FAQ section of this forum to find the form. As far as the game performance between different cards...I suspect this is a apple-to-oranges thing. I would suggest you compare each card http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ . It boils down to non-information...you supplied zero information as asked for in "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" so, with the information at hand...I will guess you have a weak graphics card that needed to be upgraded. And also...what I said is/was true...live with it.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
85354 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.