Topic Title: Ati Radeon Xpress 200M Series. Drivers.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/01/2013 09:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/01/2013 09:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GuuuestNight
Peon

Hello. I have a laptop Toshiba SatellIte A100-220 and I can not find the latest driver for Ati Radeon Xpress 200M, could you help me? Advance I thank.

03/01/2013 11:03 AM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Toshitba told AMD to jump off a cliff, so you have to get your updates from them.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 04/15/2013 02:43 PM

Author Icon
rkstarkey
Peon

I too need this driver update, and what are people spposed to do with the LOUSY support of display graphics of ati/amd????  This pert reply is unnacceptable!  I bought my Toshiba M45-169 for over $1,000!  and now it is worthless due to your compny's lack of integrity????

04/15/2013 02:46 PM

Author Icon
rkstarkey
Peon

there ARE no updates from Toshiba!!!  I've been thru them all, and NONE work for this 200m series!  AMD/ATI act like you never manufactured it!

04/15/2013 02:49 PM

Author Icon
rkstarkey
Peon

I've downloaded the ATI driver detect and install updater and it shuts down as not even recogizing its own product.  I resent being stuck in this no-man's land and all the hours WASTED trying to bridge you and Toshiba's lack of integrity in supporting this expensive laptop I bought.

04/15/2013 02:59 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: rkstarkey I've downloaded the ATI driver detect and install updater and it shuts down as not even recogizing its own product.  I resent being stuck in this no-man's land and all the hours WASTED trying to bridge you and Toshiba's lack of integrity in supporting this expensive laptop I bought.

Expensive? ... Toshitba, Sony and panasonic made their drivers so no one could use anything other than their drivers. talk to them about it. You should try reading > http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

The following notebooks are not compatible:

Toshiba® notebooks
 Sony® VAIO® notebooks
 Panasonic® notebooks

Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

Certain laptop configurations cannot use this method. Please read:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

Quote:

"Why am I getting an incompatible hardware error when trying to install the latest AMD Mobility Radeon™ driver for my laptop? Which laptop manufacturers are supported by the AMD Mobility driver?

AMD provides graphics drivers for most notebook brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards. If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook.

Please refer to AMD knowledge base article 737-28041.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 04/15/2013 at 03:35 PM by stumped
 04/15/2013 03:06 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Please see this article that was published to help address concerns regarding mobility driver updates.

I understand your frustration, but unfortunately Toshiba is the sole providor of driver updates for the Xpress 200M in their laptop. 

In fact, for any laptop with that particular graphics chip, the driver must be provided by the laptop manufacturer.  If I recall correctly, it was not until the Radeon HD Series of discrete mobility graphics products, that AMD began to be able to provide driver updates for nearly all laptops.  Sadly, Toshiba remains one of the particular laptop manufacturers for which our driver will not install.

;Marc

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

04/15/2013 05:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I can't see any reason for a update...this is a inexpensive DX9 card...use the supplied drivers from the laptop manufacturer.

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200M for AMD Notebooks 

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200M for AMD Notebooks - Overview

ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200M, is the industry's first PCI Express chipset for notebooks with AMD Sempron™, AMD Athlon™ 64, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processors, AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology. ATI Radeon Xpress 200M delivers mobile-optimized performance and advanced functionality for today's graphics-intensive business and communications applications, the latest 3D games, and high-quality digital entertainment.

Best-in-class PCI Express performance

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M is built on a .13-micron process with 350MHz graphics core speed, and 128-bit system memory interface ensuring best-in-class graphics performance with mobile applications. The built-in graphics deliver double the bandwidth of AGP 8X. Without the shared-bus limitations of PCI, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M better controls bandwidth usage and data priority while multitasking real-time applications and video playback for an enhanced cinematic experience. Enhanced plug-and-play support frees on-the-go mobile users to hot-plug the latest external devices with greater reliability, making ATI Radeon Xpress 200M-based notebooks the dependable mobile platform for productivity and multimedia entertainment.

Built-in DirectX™ 9.0 and OpenGL™ graphics for gaming

The ATI Radeon Xpress 200M offers an integrated ATI Radeon graphics core, that is a derivative of Radeon X300 PCI Express technology designed for DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL compatible games. It offers high-performance graphics, unleashing the competitive power you need for playing the latest game titles on your notebook.

Multimedia and digital content creation

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M offers full support for Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2005, making your notebook PC a complete Multimedia Center for home or on the road computing. It is the ideal processor for media-intensive tasks, digital content creation, viewing, and editing. Crisp images and smooth DVD playback are assisted by integrated video processing and motion compensation acceleration, and LCD Enhancement Engine technologies for improving video display.

Universal connectivity at home or on the road

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M fulfills the promise of universal PC connectivity, with full compatibility for a vast multitude of peripheral devices. It offers the highest performance Gigabit LAN networking, and full USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 support for connecting digital cameras, CD drives, DVD burners, scanners, printers, MP3 players, and more. ATI Radeon Xpress 200M offers visual productivity and features unavailable from any other chipset technology, making it easy to configure and scale your system performance to meet your individual needs.

Built for the Future with Longer Battery Life

You can create and deliver a multimedia presentation with rich visuals, browse the web, or view a full-length DVD movie without searching for a power outlet. PowerPlay™ 5.0 technology continually monitors the workload on your notebook, and automatically adjusts settings to optimize battery life. Furthermore, Vari-Bright™ technology optimizes notebook panel brightness to save power. The ATI Radeon Xpress 200M delivers the best of both worlds - great performance and longer battery life.

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M is compatible with AMD's 64-bit processor that bridges the transition from today's 32-bit computing to tomorrow's 64-bit computing, making it the ideal platform for today's demanding business and media application on your notebook.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

04/15/2013 06:04 PM

Author Icon
rkstarkey
Peon

"I can't see any reason for a update...this is a inexpensive DX9 card...use the supplied drivers from the laptop manufacturer."

That is the FIRST place I went 2 weeks ago.  There aren't any.  Ok so it is not anyone's fault, and owners of this particular card must suck it up?

04/16/2013 11:06 AM

Author Icon
go_for
Nerfed

At least for WinXp there is a AMD Catalyst pack that works.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1130627

an Alpha Geek @ AMD Processors Forums | 01/21/2006 | post count 3217

04/16/2013 12:04 PM

Author Icon
rkstarkey
Peon

"At least for WinXp there is a AMD Catalyst pack that works."

This is dated 6/2005.  I would like something a little newer.  I have been stuck in bed from reconstructive surgery due to cancer  for 3 weeks now, and have done a complete reinstall, and 4 backs back to that reinstall - just because of this display driver.  I am just a little fish who wanted to play my Big Fish games without lag and freezing.  CNET says it has some different ones, but they don't work for me and some type of browser hijack called  "searchlinks" piggybacks in with their software....I have never used this laptop that much, but I can tell you, Toshiba will never get ant of my money again....and I still can not comprehend why ATI doesn't have an update.  But I do thank you for your time trying to help me.

04/16/2013 02:29 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Nerfed

Sorry to hear.

I have one laptop here with mobility xpress 200M.

Driver: ATI MOBILITY XPRESS 200

Driver Provider: ATI Technoligies Inc.

Driver Date: 31.7.2008

Driver version: 8.522.0.0

MS Signed.

Can't recall exactly where I got it from. It could have been the old ATI/AMD website when they still provided generic mobility drivers for some GPUs.

Hope you can google out some alternaive location for this.

I saw some reference to catalyst 8.8 having the above driver.

One filename that came up,"8-8-mobile_xp32_dd_ccc_enu_67239.exe"

EDIT: Found the driver pack on a laptop here, name :

8-8-igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu.67975.exe

Try with that that one if you can find it.

an Alpha Geek @ AMD Processors Forums | 01/21/2006 | post count 3217

Edited: 04/16/2013 at 02:45 PM by go_for
Statistics
84907 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.