Topic Title: System crashes with stable drivers 13.1
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2013 05:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2013 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DeGree19
Peon

Hi,

I have got a some problem with stable drivers 13.1 on my OS.

Once I installed the new drivers 13.1 on my laptop, I sighted that my OS crashed when the display is off. When I'm closing the laptop, and then opening it again, my Window 8 Pro shows me the "Blue Screen of Death". There are some phrases, and one of them is "ERROR blabla SYSTEM_THREAD blabla". However, before I hadn't this problem with drivers 12.8.

I tried to reinstall/deinstall this new driver, I tried to install the newest beta drivers 13.2, but the system was crashing repeatedly in the time of reinstalling. I don't want to reinstall my Windows but I think it is right way to destroy this problem.

Computer is a Emachines E732ZG

Graphics Card
 - AMD Radeon HD 6370M

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
 - I took it from AMD website: 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc.exe

Operating System
 - Windows 8 Pro with Media Center x64

Issue Details
 - When the display is off, e.g. when I'm closing the laptop, the system crashes

03/05/2013 04:27 PM

Author Icon
DeGree19
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped And why would you post in a desktop section instead of the laptop forum where you might get some help? Is English your first language?

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448&flcache=5374693&entercat=y

Thank you for response and for that you moved the question to a different branch.

No, English is my second language, my first language is Russian. Did you mean my English is so bad? I think that is so.=)

03/05/2013 11:01 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Was Win8 the original OS for the notebook?....or did you 'upgrade' from Win7. Have you downloaded/installed the offered drivers from the manufacturer's support site? Have you checked this forum > http://www.dexplor.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=e0d48bdf215dd241e438bb81a0e8da12 .

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/06/2013 03:15 PM

Author Icon
DeGree19
Peon

No, Windows 8 wasn't installed on my notebook originally. I bought this OS and installed it on "empty" notebook, i.e. with full format of HDD. Then I downloaded package of drivers from Emashines' website and installed them on my OS. The package contained the AMD VGA driver with AMD Catalyst Control Center. However, this driver was old, and I downloaded new (at the moment of downloading) driver 12.8 or 12.10 and installed it. It worked fine.

However, some times ago I downloaded from AMD's website and installed new driver (13.1), because manufacturer of drivers recommend install the newest version of software and drivers. Now I have got strange problem with my Win8, BSOD with text: "System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled", after BSOD laptop is rebooting. And now I need some help for solve this problem.

With regard to your link on forum. I think this forum is not work, because last message was in summer 2012. And I didn't found something information about my problem.

Edited: 03/06/2013 at 03:28 PM by DeGree19
 03/06/2013 03:24 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Quoting AMD:

Article Number

GPU-28041

The AMD Mobility Radeon™ graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer.

If installing an operating system other than the one currently supported by the notebook, the notebook may not meet all requirements. As such supported graphics drivers may not be available.

The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool will display the following error if it fails to validate the graphics hardware. This is due to incompatible hardware/configuration in your notebook. Please contact the notebook manufacturer for assistance.

The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool helps you determine your notebook’s compatibility with generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers. It helps to prevent incorrect installation on incompatible notebooks which may lead to disabled features or functionality.

If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor. Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers." end quote.

The best thing to do is 1. Make sure you have the latest bios from the manufacturer. 2. Download and use the drivers they offer. In CCC, uncheck the box that says "automatically check for driver updates".

In other words...use the drivers that worked for you.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/10/2013 06:51 PM

Author Icon
DeGree19
Peon

So, thank you for the answers.

I solved this problem without reinstall the OS. I remembered that Windows could boot in the "Safe mode" where the video driver is not booting. I deleted the driver and installed the AMD Mobility Driver 12.10 after normal boot. It is work fine.

Statistics
85425 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.