First my problem
When I play games my laptop crashes with no BSOD, simply just restarts. It happens randomly, however mostly 10-30 min in game. It has always had this problem.
- HP Pavillion g6 2141so (Bought it 8 months ago)
- 2.3 GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M APU
- AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7670M Dual GPU
- 6 GB DDR3
Further info on computer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&tmp_geoLoc=true&docname=c03380682
Driver info and CCC version
- Catalyst-version: 13.1
- Driver pack version: 9.012-121219a-151587C-ATI
Games which causes crash
- Diablo 3
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
Games which do not cause crash
My own troubleshooting:
First I believed it overheaded. I had it sent to HP tech support and they changed the cooling fan, which indeed lower the temp. However crashes still accur. I've used Core Temp vers. 1.0 RC4 to log temp. while playing games and they did not exceed 80 degrees. The computer shuts down when reaching 95 degrees. Therefore I do not believe it's caused by overheating. I even bought a cooling pad, so when I play now it is stable around 73 degrees.
I believe the crashes is caused either by a hardware problem or driver problem.
Troughout the months of ownership I've done the following without resolving the problem.
- Driversweep and fresh install of drivers to LAN card (Crashes accured when playing online games)
- Driversweep and fresh install of drivers to graphic card + CCC (also tried different versions)
- Rollback to factory settings of the computer.
- MemTest with no problems found.
- Updated all drivers to latest + BIOS.
Some times I get a BSOD, however the bugreport usually doesnt give me anything: Unknown Issue, Hardwareproblem, atikmdag.sys (tried this solution: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363233)
Last I have tried HP support, however they believe that it's because the laptop isnt powerfull enough. I strongly disagry. I have played the same games on older pc with power much lesser than this. Also I can run the games with good to decent fps and no hickups, lags or faults in graphics.
My problem is that I cannot find any other situation which exactly fits on my problem. Can it really be that this computer isnt powerfull enough for this games, and therefore just shuts down?