Topic Title: text flicker while scrolling
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/21/2013 04:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/21/2013 04:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nokaoii
Peon

I just bought an Acer Aspire V3-551-8469 from Amazon.

It has an AMD A8-4500M and an ATI Radeon HD 7640G (512mb).

Right out of the box, when scrolling in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Word, anything there is a very fast flicker to the text on the screen. Images dont show the flicker but you can definitely see some lag on their edges as they are scrolled. And if the text is thick enough or bold, there isnt a flicker, but you can clearly see a bleeding of the edge of the text as it scrolls.

I have tried the following:

• Adjusted ClearType.
  • Calibrated the color settings.
  • Tried all supported screen resolutions.
  • Downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from Acer's website.
  • Downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from AMD's website.
  • Updated the BIOS from Acer's site.
  • Disabled Hardware acceleration in Chrome (doesnt matter since the issue is sytem wide, ie: in Word, etc)
  • Got another new laptop from Amazon (currently have both) and it does it on the new one too.
  • My friend bought the G variant of this laptop with Intel graphics/Nvidia GPU and I checked his laptop out and it doesnt have the same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this and more important how to stop it? After awhile of use, it starts giving me a headache. I really love this laptop and would like to get it to function correctly.

I have video of what it's doing if someone would like to see the issue. As I've said it happens on two brand new laptops of the exact same model.

Statistics
88898 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.