Topic Title: catalyst center nolonger downloading when installing drivers, no option for it
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/11/2013 10:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/11/2013 10:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
monkeywithnoeyes
Peon

So i may sound like a total noob but i've been trying to sort this out for hours now without any luck. I've a Dell Inspiron i-5 laptop with switchable graphics (intel HD4000, and a dedicated Radeon 7670m card) And windows 8 64bit . The laptops only a few weeks old but i wanted to keep things fresh and decided run a defrag on the harddrive. After that the Radeon Catalyst stopped working.. i would get an error message saying "host application has stopped" on start up, and it wouldnt allow me to open it. I tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling.. still the same. Looked on the net and the advice was to unistall drivers and folders in ProgramData, and Users containing ATI/AMD. I did this, rebooted and reinstalled the Dell Radeon 8.982 drivers i originally had on but for some reason it wont install, or offer the option to install the catalyst center. I go to custome install in catalyst Install manager and theres just 3 options available where as before there were 5 i believe - ones available are AMD catalyst install manger, AMD APP SDK Runtime, and Intell Components. Before there was PDX? and the catalyst center.I've tried installing the catalyst mobility 64bit utility download from AMD site but it says "AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. Your computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter.Anybody know what i can do to get the catalyst center back? its needed for switchable graphics and i'm all out of ideas. I dont really know why the option for the centers nolonger there?
Statistics
84348 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.