Topic Title: Sudden Graphics Issue
Topic Summary: Black Screen > Pulses. Fuzzy/Unclear display
Created On: 04/30/2013 05:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2013 05:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
apw2
Peon

Hi,

I have a duel ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 series graphics card and for the last 2 1/2 years it has run perfectly.In the last few days I have suddenly started experiencing problems with it (hasn't been any changes to my system).

The problem I have is a little hard to describe. The screen would suddenly go all black when playing any game, then from the bottom of the screen were these sublt pulses gradually moving up the screen - until the centre was a different shade to the outside. Sometimes it repeats this but in green.

Today 7/8 of the screen (all except the very very left side) would change to a purple tinge with a pattern of rectangular blocks all over it. Stupidly I only took a screenshot that didn't display the issue.

After a few minutes, the colours would go back to normal, however the screen would be incredibly blurred to the point of all text being unreadable. I managed to get into the device manager and disable one of the display adapters and reactivate it, then the problem goes away until the next time.

I have updated my graphics driver to the latest version and i've ran several system checks and I haven't been able to find any faults in the system. Has anyone experienced anything like this or got any advice on how I can sort my system out?

Statistics
88766 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.