Topic Title: Photoshop
Topic Summary: OpenGL options Locked?
Created On: 05/01/2013 06:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/01/2013 06:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
OddCat
Peon

Computer:HP Pavilion dv7, Windows 7, i5 processer, 6GB ram, Radeon HD 6490M. 

Hello! 

I've recently bought the Production Premium CS5 Package (Photoshop Extended, After effects, Premiere.. etc) But I've found some of the options on Photoshop locked. (Scrubby Zoom, move, Rotate view) and when trying to use them, I get the message that they only work with 'OpenGL enabled documents'. In the preferences I have OpenLG enabled, but the options are still grayed out. 

Last year I had a full demo of the exact software on this same computer and had no problems at all. all openLG options were available. 

I have my computer set to 'high performance GPU' -I never have it set to anything else. 

I dont use this computer for Gaming- it is work only. 

In Photoshop forums I've searched it seems to be a common problem. and the only explanation available is that the newer drivers for graphics cards often forget to include it- since gaming is the number one priority. 

If this is the case, is there any chance there might be a way around it? I really need to use one of the options in Photoshop for an upcoming job. 

Is there any chance you could consider this in your next driver update? or can you provide me with a link to the old drivers that work. 

Also- I have tried to download the latest AMD Driver (using the detection software) but it fails each time saying I have incompatible Software/ Hardware- the version of my graphics adapter is not supported. 

Thank You. 

-------------------------

(b^_^)b

05/01/2013 06:42 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

On the driver download page there is a 'issue report' form to contact AMD support. Using that form is the best way to bring this issue to AMD's attention...and a fix. There is also contact information and phone numbers in the 'How-to and FAQ' section of this forum. You are getting the 'incompatible' software/hardware because of your laptop's configuration...please read the sticky "updating mobility drivers' here in the laptop forum.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

05/09/2013 09:12 PM

Author Icon
mrmagee1000
Peon

I am having this exact same problem except it doesn't say anything about incompatability for me. All of my drivers are supposedly up to date.

I was using Photoshop fine the other day and now, all of a sudden, all of those features that OddCat mentioned no longer work for me even though OpenGL is eneabled.

I have tried everything except reinstall Photoshop (I'm kind of hoping I don't have to...) Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers has not worked. Is there a way I can find an older driver to install instead?

This is a big problem for me!!

Computer: custom build, windows 7, i5 processor, 32GB ram, 2 Radeon HD 7700 cards

05/09/2013 09:35 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Depending on your model, choosing the high performance graphics may not be the best thing to do. Quote from HP " 

When configuring the Dynamic Mode switchable graphics in the Catalyst Control Center, some computers do not permit any OpenGL applications to be associated with the discrete, or high-performance, GPU. The OpenGL applications will work using the integrated, or power-saving, GPU, but performance levels may be lower than expected. "

Dynamic Mode switchable graphics: OpenGL applications cannot be configured to use the discrete GPU

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

05/09/2013 10:00 PM

Author Icon
mrmagee1000
Peon

I'm looking at my Catalyst Control Center and it does not have the same side buttons as depicted in that bulletin. I cannot find anywhere that has power settings or mention of switchable graphics...

The options I have are:

Pinned

Presets

Desktop Management

Common Display Tasks

AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display

Video

Gaming

Performance

Audio

Information

I thought the Power might have been replaced by the Performance tab, but the only options within that are AMD CrossFire and AMD OverDrive.

My cards are not crossfired because I have 3 monitors and I don't think you can use the monitor ports on both cards if the two are bridged.

05/09/2013 10:27 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: mrmagee1000 I'm looking at my Catalyst Control Center and it does not have the same side buttons as depicted in that bulletin. I cannot find anywhere that has power settings or mention of switchable graphics...

The options I have are:

Pinned

Presets

Desktop Management

Common Display Tasks

AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display

Video

Gaming

Performance

Audio

Information

I thought the Power might have been replaced by the Performance tab, but the only options within that are AMD CrossFire and AMD OverDrive.

My cards are not crossfired because I have 3 monitors and I don't think you can use the monitor ports on both cards if the two are bridged.

Thats because you dont have a laptop. My response is to the OP. You should start your own thread..but not in the laptop forum.

Statistics
85419 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.