Topic Title: Installing new driver messed up my computer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/10/2013 07:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2013 07:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
shagmeister
Peon

Hey, i wanted to play serious sam 3 and it advised me to update my drivers.

So i went to AMD's wepsite and downloaded the one that i thought would be good, while installing, it went blue screen and crashed. When i turned it on again, my computer was different, the color theme went white, and it all was generally very slow and laggy(such as when i move windows around and watch videos). So i downloaded AMD's tool to find the perfect driver for my computer. I installed it, restarted computer, and it was the same as before. Then i used AMD'S tool to uninstall all drivers, and then install new. Still no improvement, and still the same white color scheme and laggy, also i get messages that i dont even have an Amd driver/or its defect when i try to open up CCC.

My graphic card is Amd radeon HD69xxM series. My operating system is Win 7 64 bit. My computer is a Hp Pavilion DV7.

Im really frustrated about this, so if it was to be fixed i would be very very happy.

05/10/2013 09:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

System Restore. And from the release notes:

AMD Mobility Radeontm Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised.

-------------------------
AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
87466 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.