Topic Title: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 Overheating?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/17/2013 11:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/17/2013 11:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sean56
Peon

Hi all,

I'm not certain, but I think I may have damaged my Radeon HD 6370 graphics card. Two weeks ago, I spent a few days using a decently powerful rending program. I had to run the program for about 14 hours a day for 4 days. My laptop hung in there for all four days and only crashed once. It was outputting a decent amount of heat but never shut down because of overheating. Everything seemed fine after that. But two days ago I tried to play an old computer game of mine (made in 2003), and my computer got super hot and shut itself down due to overheating within minutes of starting. I was really confused, because I had played the game before and had no troubles. So I tried another game, and the same thing happen. The only thing I can think of that could cause the overheating would be the graphics, because I still use other programs that use a lot of my CPU's power but aren't graphically heavy, and they don't crash. Now I'm beginning to think I might have hurt the graphics card while I was rendering. What do you guys think?

Specs:

HP G62x-400

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, 2399 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

4 GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 Graphics Card

Statistics
84842 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.