Topic Title: BO2 awaiting textures
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2013 11:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2013 11:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
USS_southdakota
Peon

I'm gonna post this here considering that most people on the steam forums suggest me buying an nvidia card

Like most other people that have an ATI graphics card i'm suffering from the awaiting textures freeze. If I join a game it will load up really fast and then get stuck on awaiting textures for about 30 seconds.

Laptop specs.

ACER aspire 7741 with an ATI RADEON 6550

Current driver version is 12.11 (thought that rerolling to older drivers could fix it, I was running 13.4 before.)

Details of this issue are simple the loading will freeze when on awaiting textures

Operating system is windows 7 home premium 64 bits.

If I forgot anything please excuse me i'm not that good with computers.

06/15/2013 03:11 PM

Author Icon
chillygoose
Peon

I am having the same issue as many other AMD card owners when playing BO2.  Can someone advise if this is with the programming of the game or driver support?  I have a 7990 and have this problem.
 06/15/2013 03:56 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: USS_southdakota

Like most other people that have an ATI graphics card i'm suffering from the awaiting textures freeze.

Funny, who are the 'most people who have a ATI graphics card'? Should we all expect this issue to happen to us? I haven't experienced it yet, and this is the first post I have seen about it...hmmm. Could it be that your graphics card "" The AMD Radeon HD 6550M (or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550) is a renamed version of the  AMD Mobility 5650 "" is too weak to play whatever game at the settings you are using? This is not a gaming laptop

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

06/19/2013 07:07 AM

Author Icon
USS_southdakota
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped
Originally posted by: USS_southdakota

Like most other people that have an ATI graphics card i'm suffering from the awaiting textures freeze.

Funny, who are the 'most people who have a ATI graphics card'? Should we all expect this issue to happen to us? I haven't experienced it yet, and this is the first post I have seen about it...hmmm. Could it be that your graphics card "" The AMD Radeon HD 6550M (or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550) is a renamed version of the  AMD Mobility 5650 "" is too weak to play whatever game at the settings you are using? This is not a gaming laptop

My Dxdiag sais that's it a ATI mobility Radeon HD 5000 series.You say it's too weak but i'm running BO 2 with everything on low between 30-40 fps and when using game booster and the turbo boost function build into advanced system care 6 I can run it at around 90 fps.

06/29/2013 01:58 PM

Author Icon
USS_southdakota
Peon

Anyone?

07/02/2013 03:04 AM

Author Icon
Mikyli
Peon

I have the same issue but I can easily run BO2 in med settings in 40-70 fps

I hope AMD fix this Awaiting textures

07/04/2013 04:36 AM

Author Icon
USS_southdakota
Peon

This is a bit of a small fix you won't get the start of the round but i'm loading up a lot faster and I join maybe 5 seconds after the round started.

Get advanced system care pro: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.php

Do a scan with it and use the "turbo boost" option and configure to your pc's gaming power plan.

Download the razer game booster: http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

This will shutdown unneeded background processes allowing more CPU power to go to the game and give you a small FPS and loading time increase.

When you start the game press Ctrl+Alt+Del and open up taskmanager, when it's open go to the processes tab and look for t6mp.exe, once you've found that right click on it and click on select priority and then click on High.

Finally if you're on a laptop the 13.4 beta drivers also help a bit with the slow loading times.

This helps me but I don't know if it will work for anyone else but it's worth trying.

Statistics
87635 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.