Topic Title: Switchable Graphics Issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2013 09:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2013 09:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Greg CPUcOOker
Peon

Hello community,

i bought a new laptop like 2 months ago and at the start it was great. Then on it started to go slowly in-games and also in photoshop. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 7750G with Inter Core i5 - 2430M and AMD Radeon HD 6650M 2GB VRAM which seems to cooperate with an intergrated intel graphics card 3000 hd through switchable graphics. The problem is that the switch doesn't actually works as it should. What i want to say is that only the Intergrated Intel Graphics Card 3000 Hd is used to carry the game activity so even if im playing a game it wont change to AMD Radeon HD 6650M even though i assigned the game to high performance via Catalyst Control Center. I am really disappointed because i have no tense to change something in the BIOS cause it is risky and it is a shame for a new laptop to keep on like that. 

If anyone has experienced something similar and actually has a solution it will be more than needed. Thanks in advance! By the way if there is a way so i can use only the Amd 6650M graphics card and disable switchable graphics it would be better.

Edited: 06/06/2013 at 09:10 AM by Greg CPUcOOker
Statistics
84320 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.