Topic Title: Best beta driver for Far Cry 3
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2013 02:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2013 02:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Imoldeen
Peon

I have a question regarding beta AMD Catalyst drivers and Far Cry 3 performance. There is the 12.11 Beta11 version which is advertised to increase Far Cry 3 performance by 25%. However, there are some newer ones, up until the 13.6, that also claim a perfomance boost, for instance 13.2 beta5 at 10%. Basically, I would like to know whether a new xx.xx betax driver includes the improvements of the older versions, or what suite, exactly, would offer my configuration the optimal performance enhancment (as specifically as possible, there are a lot of different numbers and versions, and sadly I have no clue what the difference between a beta1 and beta2/3/4/... is.)?

I use an Envy 17 1050ea, i7 720QM, 6GB RAM, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850.

P.S.: I currently run FC3 at 1600x900 on everything low (and postFX totally off, also vsync, I read that it can cause fps drops on ATi cards) and I am fairly satisfied with the performance, however I feel I could do better. If anyone could recommend the optimal configuration, with consideration to the driver update I am going to make, that would still offer me a smooth gaming experience.

Statistics
84262 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.