I have a Toshiba L840, running Windows 8. I'm a heavy MS Word user, and find that the AMD Radeon 7670M is unstable when I use some functions in Word 2013 and also when I'm editing pictures.
1. In word, track changes, Add a comment, the track changes side bar scrolls endlessly, for up to a minute, and the laptop fan will start. I've never experienced this on my old Compaq. Sometimes I get the "display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".I need to restart MS Word to keep on working.
2. In my photo editor, sometimes the cursor will shake uncontrollably, making it almost impossible to work. Again I get the display driver has stopped responding messages, sometimes.
3. Also in the photo editor, Gimp, I sometimes get vertical lines shadowing the cursor when I move the mouse.
AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices. Inc.
Driver Date: 8/8/2012
Driver Version: 8.982.7.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher
I've tried to down load the latest driver, but can't because its a Toshiba.
I've contacted Toshiba, who are hopeless, and never answer my questions.
- What version of driver should i be on, given the one I have is nearly 12 months old.
- Anything else I can do other than try and get a later version of the driver?