Topic Title: Incompatible Drivers (Windows 8)
Topic Summary: Can't access CCC nor update it.
Created On: 08/01/2013 09:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2013 09:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ealcmhar
Peon

Graphics Card
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- include driver version currently used, and version(s) tested previously

Operating System
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Issue Details
- I'm receiving an incompatability issue error prompt every time I boot my laptop. I cannot open the CCC, nor does a shortcut to it display when I right click on the desktop. I've tried installing the latest drivers from my laptop manufacturer site (Toshiba), as well as a couple from the AMD site specifically for Windows 8, namely 13-4_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql and amd_catalyst_win8_release_preview, though to no avail.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
- TOSHIBA Satellite L650

(I don't really know what else (that I know where to find) to add.)

08/01/2013 09:22 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

There is a sticky at the top of this Forum Category.  Please review it.

STICKY LINK: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

What the sticky essentially tells you is that you need to stick with the driver Toshiba provides.  With that said, and trying to install the driver Toshiba offers - are you still running into driver installation issues?

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/12/2013 11:51 PM

Author Icon
Ealcmhar
Peon

Hi Marc;

I've tried installing the AMD driver from the Toshiba site for my specific laptop model, although it was only supported for Windows 7 (32/64-bit).

(From: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/l650/psk1ja-077017/download)

I tried installing the driver for what I perceived to be for Windows 8 (64-bit) from an EU Toshiba site, although when the installation prompt indicated it was installing AMD APP SDK Runtime, I received the Program Incompatability prompt again, with the installation then indicating it had 'succeeded'.

(From: Here)

08/13/2013 04:42 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Some Toshiba (and others) laptops cannot be 'updated' to Windows 8....it is not supported. Did you check with Tosiba before you tried this? Do they have a bios update for your model? Do you have Intel and AMD graphics?  If so you can try the Leshcat drivers. You will not be able to install any driver from AMD...Toshiba has customized the graphics to work with their system, and cannot use the 'generic' drivers that AMD offers.

Edit: On the Toshiba page you referenced, there is a link to "Cant find drivers for Win8"...which takes you here. It tells you if your laptop will support Win8 or not.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

Edited: 08/13/2013 at 08:59 PM by stumped
Statistics
87542 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.