Topic Title: HP Laptop Black Screen
Topic Summary: After waking from sleep mode the screen is black (almost)
Created On: 08/04/2013 04:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/04/2013 04:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Final0125
Peon

Laptop: HP Pavilion g6t-2000

RAM: 8 gb

CPU: Intel I3-2370 - 2.40 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

So I have two problems with some beta drivers. Today I checked AMD's website for update drivers (13.8 mobility) and installed it. Since then I did a couple of test and found out it wasn't working with my GPU so I uninstalled the AMD Catalyst Installer and reinstalled verison 13.6 Mobility Beta 2 verison which was the previous driver. It was having a little issues but after reinstalling a couple of times (some reason openGL wasn't working) I got it to work again.

So heres the main problem: everytime I send my laptop to sleep and turn it on later the screen would be black, BUT if I look at it in a certain angle and light I can see the laptop's desktop very dimmed which is unusally as before the update of drivers it would not do this. When I hibernate the computer and turn it on the screen brightness goes back to usual.

Also on a side note I was wondering why my games (for example Diablo III) FPS tends to be low when my GPU is suppose to be taking over, and yes I tried the power settings so thats fine and also manually checking Configure Switchable Graphics settings as well. Even when I set the game settings to low...

Statistics
84699 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.