Topic Title: Why cant you guys just update the *Official* drivers already? 4 months is a bit much tbh!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2013 10:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2013 10:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rhyz66
Peon

I have owned an AMD A4-3300 with Radeon HD6480G HP Pavilion G6 (with 6GB ram) for about a year now and all i can say is that i am extremely dissatisfied with literally every part of this product...

• First it was the fact the scaling wasnt working with my LG TV, so literally on the first day i got it, I was completely furious...
  • Then came the driver upgrade... Seriously guys, this had to be the most poorly optimised update i have ever endured, having major problems with all games and media... So patiently waited for  3 months with no update.
  • It finally came and for the first time since having it i actually found myself with a Working PC... 13.1 i believe. Thanks, for actually providing me what i paid for...
  • So when the next update came i was extremely reluctant to do it to be honest so i downloaded it and stored it... 2 weeks after this, things started playing up again, while overdrive went mental and started disabling my powerplay bar which was completely unprovoked and out of the blue...
  • So bite the bullet and did the upgrade following ALL your instructions... Great, now i can't even access the AMD fusion CP... WOW...
  • Next step is deleting it and going back to 13.1.... Did this, and hey guess what, basically looped this around 5 times...
  • SIn the end, i just left it again, games not playing well or at all, media choppy/bad quality and no AMD CP.... Awesome.
  • Computer then had a meltdown and for some reason needed the HDD internal replaced and finally got it reset back to stock AMD driver.. Happiest day ever, finally i can upgrade properly...
  • I get on to 13.3 and I must admit games played very well and the media was also really good. Although, for a while i was beginning to think that there wasn't gonna be another driver update as i had been checking the autodetect nearly every two weeks.. Only to find that autodetect isn't working at all and that you've had a driver update out since may - the latest 13.4...
  • I also see that you guys have also finally given us a 'proper' method to updating the driver, the amd driver remover tool - - now why wasn't this present before?!

Look, i am not here to throw any kind of abuse at all, i am just very upset about this experience really, why must it be so hard to get optimizations to your pc when everything inside is owned by you, its just not fair at all on the consumer...

Bottom Line is, the way you guys update your drivers seems to be extremely slow and never really addresses issues that are present at the time, just false beta's that could potentially break the system....

Now, when can we actually expect a new driver from you? 

It has been a really long time now and i'm starting to see signs of the driver malfucuntioning in areas such as games, DXVA video playblack (Black screens), 'melted' picture, slow transitions and slow acces if not any to AMD fusion CP.

Come on, i know a friend who has an nvidia card and it seems to have a driver update nearly every month.. I thought this is what the .8 or .6 stood for:- the number of the month.. Guess that went out the window then for official drivers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and would really appreciate some kind of notice about any future official drivers being released if possible and would like to state this post as official feedback to the product i have purchased from you and the driver support given...

-------------------------

Just wishing companies would deliver on the promise, that is all...

Statistics
88912 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.