Topic Title: kdbsync crashs on boot, opencl not working(bitcoin miner)
Topic Summary: Win 7 Pro x64, HD5145, 13.3 /13.6
Created On: 08/21/2013 05:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2013 05:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Artemis1121
Peon

When i start kdbsync crashs and i tested several bitcoin miners, no one finds gpu acceleration..

i've got a Notebook with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD5145, running win7 pro x64 and tested 13.3 and 13.6.

what can i do? how can i get opencl to work?

Thanks for your help!

08/22/2013 08:42 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Take a look at this thread: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=440&threadid=166780&highlight_key=y

It relates to a driver crash and performance, but see the last post.  Maybe worth looking into.

You have also seen the sticky about this in the How-To/FAQ category on the forum?

Beyond that, let the community know what laptop you have.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/28/2013 05:33 AM

Author Icon
Artemis1121
Peon

Notebook: Asus K70AF-TY016L

Graphic: Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5145 512MB

i hadn't read the Howto and followed the recommendation. deinstalled everything, cleaned everything and then i downloaded the driver from amd.com. Notebook graphic, HD 5xxx and then i downloaded the 1mb check tool which downloaded the latest driver. Installation finished succesful, but there was no graphic driver installed. The Device Manager showed 4500/5100 under graphics so i deinstalled everything again and tried the older hd4xxx driver and now everything works correctly.

i have a HD5xxx series graphics, the recommended drivers aren't working, the check tool downloads non working drivers and only hd4xxx drivers are working? Whats going on???

What should i do in the future? can i safely use new drivers, when the small tool checks compatibility? the hd4xxx drivers are older than the 5xxx ones. when will the next hd4xxx drivers be released?

Statistics
85520 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.