Topic Title: GX70 3BE
Topic Summary: Gaming performance is lower than expected/advertized.
Created On: 09/04/2013 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2013 12:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mardikas
Peon

Hello, I recently bought the MSI GX70 3BE and really expected a smoother gaming performance. Currently, I cannot even run league of legends at a stable enough framerate, even though on summoners rift it usually stays at over 45. However, you can feel the mouse lag and stuttering. The effect is amplified on the ARAM map with fps around 35.

The worst performance I encountered was with the Spring engine, more precisely balance annihilation, during lategame with high unitcount. Where, the graphics card does not even reach 20% of its capacity, however the FPS is at 5-10.

Similarily whilst playing ARMA 2 with dayzmod, the laptop sometimes turns the cpu clock all the way down to ~1.35ghz from around ~ghz causing a massive fps drop from the already low fps (runs around 25fps > in cities cherno fps drops to 5-10).

Recently whilst watching a video on gamespot the laptop completely froze and had to "hard" shutdown and start the laptop again.

The maximum utilization of the apu/cpu reaches at the most 95%, but the turbo core never goes over 3.2ghz, which is short of the specified 3.5ghz.

The utilization of the performance mobile gpu 8970 has never gone above 50%, which occured in GTA IV with lowest view and detail settings, but other settings high. (if view distance is turned up the game runs around 25fps however if the camera turns or you move too fast, the game constantly stutters.)

I tried the latest beta drivers and others (13.8mobility_beta,13.8mobility_beta2), however the MSI standard drivers (13.4) offered the best performance.

Lastly, changing graphics options ingame does not really impact fps, other than settings directly related/corresponing to cpu tasks.

Thanks for any help,

Mart

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 01:03 PM by mardikas
Statistics
80948 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.