Topic Title: Switchable graphics application dissapeared
Topic Summary: Uninstalled, reinstalled drivers, switchable graphics application disabled
Created On: 09/06/2013 05:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/06/2013 05:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
groundhalo
Peon

Hi

Like many people I have had problems with rome total war 2. This isn't about that.

However when wanting to try the latest 13.10 beta, I was told to uninstall my drivers (through the AMD driver itself) and then install the 13.10 over it.

I did that but now the application in which I can set programs to 'high performance' or 'power saving' disappeared. I can't find it anywhere in my start menu and when I go in my AMD folder I can't find it either. I can only endlessly re-insall the same driver.

Sorry if this is a simple issue, I'll delete right away once I get an answer!

09/06/2013 06:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: amd.com AMD Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised.

The Installation Verification Software is designed to prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to help protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, the user experience may be limited or compromised. In such a situation, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.

The Following Notebooks Are Not Compatible With This Release:

Any notebook launched after this driver release
Toshiba notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Sony VAIO notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Panasonic notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)

Do any of these appy to you?

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84898 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.