Topic Title: AMD driver for XP SP2 in AHCI mode
Topic Summary: AMD driver for XP SP2 in AHCI mode
Created On: 09/21/2013 03:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2013 03:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DavidMMM
Peon

Hello,

I need support to install an XP SP2 in AHCI mode on a SSD:

- SSD Sandisk 256GB controller SandForce;

- Asus K75DE laptop with AMD APU and mobo;

- Asus CH5 mobo with FX8320;

a) direct method -  I have tried the F6 method with a floppy, even if the ahcix86.sys driver is recognised by OS at startup it is not recognised and installed by the OS, before starting to copy the files;

b) by-pass method - I found on web another type of install with installation of XP in EIDE mode, installation of ahciX86 driver, registry related update, switch in BIOS AHCI mode - problem: the AMD driver is not recognised as driver by the OS.

I have tried the indirect method with an Intel mobo, works flawlessly.

Could you indicate and give me an AMD chipset driver to allow me to use for the laptop XP in AHCI mode. I have used the drivers found on AMD site and several mobo producers: Asus, Gigabyte, etc.

Having the same problem with the desktop, clearly indicates me the driver is the problem. I have also installed SP3 before making the trials under option b).

Thank you in advance

09/21/2013 03:24 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

The solution is easy. You should always use the AHCI/RAID drivers provided by the motherboard (in this case, laptop) manufacturer.

Also note that XP is no longer supported by AMD, not even SP3, so success is not guaranteed.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

09/21/2013 09:13 AM

Author Icon
DavidMMM
Peon

Eydee:thank you.

I have used mobo producer driver also for CH5, I have tried with around 10 drivers having different sources starting from mobo, AMD, etc. sites.

I repeat the problem is the AMD driver for chipset, for Intel works flawlessly using method a) or the by-pass method b).

Statistics
86374 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.