Topic Title: AMD video card driver after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Topic Summary: windows 8.1 amd driver
Created On: 10/18/2013 03:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/18/2013 03:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
adf13
Peon

I never expected that an update could cause this damage, now I'll explain :

This morning I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and everything seemed normal startup.

At some point I realize , in Device Manager , the dedicated video card (AMD Radeon HD7670M ) is detected by another name ( amd hybrid ( blocked ) something, maybe).

So I decide to install the drivers that I had already used on windows 8 (version 13.3 beta3 ) but in the middle of the installation the screen goes black showing only the mouse pointer .

Look believing it was part of the procedure , but after about 15 minutes , I begin to think that something is not going to just the right way .

But I can not do anything , because even turning off the computer by removing the battery , the next time the screen remains black with only the mouse pointer visible.

I checked and discovered that holding down F5 as soon as you turn on the notebook , I can perform a system recovery .

Then restore to a few hours before (after , however, the upgrade to Windows 8.1) and everything is "normal."

I try to uninstall the video card from the system, and since it does not work either the control panel of the integrated video card ( HD 4000) , uninstall this one.

Restart, are recorded both video cards and are installed .

In the meantime, try with other drivers but no one solves the problem (some do not start with error messages and other force me to restore) .

At this point I think that there are no drivers that work for Windows 8.1, but is this possible?

Millions of people have already upgraded and I do not think that everyone has encountered this problem .

Unfortunately, I do not know why , I have no restore points that bring me back to Windows 8 , but I imagine it would be a bit complex as a " maneuver " .

I also tried with SW Update, but only a few small programs appear in the list and no drivers .

CPU-Z recognizes me two video cards with the same name "Graphic Device."

I hope to solve ?

Thank you all for the help

10/18/2013 03:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

For laptops the vendor does provide drivers, but I know that they lag seriously behind. I don't know what make it is since you failed to read the Sticky Read Before You Post, which details this kinda stuff.

You can try seeing if your vendor did update there site with 8.1 drivers or try the beta 13.11.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
84134 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.