Topic Title: Switchable graphics doesn't work on windows 8.1
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/22/2013 02:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2013 02:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Cupan
Peon

Sorry for my english level.

I have hp pavilion g6 with 2 video adapters: Intel and Radeon hd 7000m series. I upgraded my os from 8 to 8.1. First when I tried to strart games, I saw notification about d3d error, and then my laptop shoved blue screen of death. The reason's were the troubles with drivers. Then i installed drivers, using auto- instal function by Microsoft from devices dispatcher. Now my laptop use only intel's adapter. I tried to install a lot of versions ccc, but no one doesn't work. When I try to run ccc, I see message about incompatibility of equipment. And hp Support portal haven't drivers too.

I understand, that developers, can not make drivers so fast, but I want to know, will ccc w8.1 for hd7000m exist?

10/22/2013 08:11 AM

Author Icon
hi4man
Peon

Originally posted by: Cupan Sorry for my english level.

I have hp pavilion g6 with 2 video adapters: Intel and Radeon hd 7000m series. I upgraded my os from 8 to 8.1. First when I tried to strart games, I saw notification about d3d error, and then my laptop shoved blue screen of death. The reason's were the troubles with drivers. Then i installed drivers, using auto- instal function by Microsoft from devices dispatcher. Now my laptop use only intel's adapter. I tried to install a lot of versions ccc, but no one doesn't work. When I try to run ccc, I see message about incompatibility of equipment. And hp Support portal haven't drivers too.

I understand, that developers, can not make drivers so fast, but I want to know, will ccc w8.1 for hd7000m exist?

yeah, i`ve smth like this

i`ve installed drivers from official site, but downloading app doesn`t work, so i`ve tried beta and nothing happend, i just can`t download ccc (not those drivers, which are in support here)

my notebook: hp pavilion g6, ati radeon hd 7670m, updated windows 8.1 x64

10/22/2013 11:41 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Cupan Sorry for my english level.

Why are you getting those messages? Because you can't use the generic drivers from AMD. Try reading the 'sticky' "UPDATING MOBILITY DRIVERS".

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=448

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/23/2013 06:07 AM

Author Icon
Cupan
Peon

I cant instal catalist, and I it is the reason. I can't using switchable graphics, because there is no drivers for it.

10/23/2013 09:17 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You need to revert to the OS that worked for you. If your laptop supports 8.1 , then the manufacturer will have drivers for it...and those are the only ones that will work with the switchable graphics. You can use the Leshcat drivers...google it.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

10/24/2013 07:33 AM

Author Icon
hi4man
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped You need to revert to the OS that worked for you. If your laptop supports 8.1 , then the manufacturer will have drivers for it...and those are the only ones that will work with the switchable graphics. You can use the Leshcat drivers...google it.

ok, i`ve installed drivers from HP site for my pavillion, and i can see them working, but there`s one big problem: black screen in all games (i can hear that they`re launching, but i can`t see nothing)

i`ve asked same question at HP support forum, but nobody answered, google also can`t tell nothing

Statistics
84905 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.