Topic Title: HP Pavillion with APU A6-4400M Upgrade to Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
Topic Summary: System crashes when starting in battery mode
Created On: 10/23/2013 08:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2013 08:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
henal
Peon

I bought this notebook 1 year ago with windows 8 and did now the upgrade to Windows 8.1 (64 bit).

The system crashes now very often when starting in battery mode, even if the battery capacity is more than 50%. With the  power supply connected, the system works always fine.

After switching on the notebook, the Windows start screen appears and very often the system crashes after some more seconds (black screen or a screen with vertical stripes). After a successful logon, the system works always fine.

First I asked HP how to fix the problem. I got the advice to contact Microsoft. Microsoft believes that the problem is caused by graphic or power management driver and therefore told me to report the problem to AMD.

I checked the AMD internet support and got the advice to install

Catalyst mobility 64-bit util.exe.

I did it and have now more actual drivers but the problem does still exist.

Can you give me any advice how to proceed?

10/24/2013 03:16 PM

Author Icon
moneyistime44
Peon

Im not pc expert at all as i have just opened a thread about a problem i'm having but have you tried reseting your pc to factory settings?

10/29/2013 05:40 PM

Author Icon
henal
Peon

Im not pc expert at all as i have just opened a thread about a problem i'm having but have you tried reseting your pc to factory settings?

Thank you for your advice.

The factory resettings of this PC are Windows 8.0.  I did'nt want to stick to this release and would like to benefit from the minor improvements of Windows 8.1.

Statistics
88893 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.