Topic Title: AMD CCC not opening/can't be uninstalled
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2013 03:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2013 03:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
doriandiaconu
Peon

So I had no problem until today when I started my PC. Problem with both of the display adapters. The Intel one can be fixed by reinstalling the drivers.

The AMD one is the problem. I tried a system backup, but still nothing worked.

When I try to start it, it's not starting at all.

When I open device manager:

When I try to get rid of it no uninstall button:

If I select change/repair:

If I try to install a new version of the driver:

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 and I had all my drivers up to date until today (including BETA versions).

Hope you can help me.

11/01/2013 03:39 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

It's supposed to say "catalyst instal manager" that's just a quirk of AMD. It has always said that...click it and you will be presented with choices...choose Express uninstall. If I were you, I would check the 'installed updates' from windows update...it might have downloaded /installed a microsoft driver. If so, delete it. Did you first check to see if your laptop supports Windows 8/8.1? If it does, they will have drivers for it...use them. If you have a Sony, Panasonic, or Toshiba laptop (or switchable graphics) forget it...you MUST use the drivers from the supplier. Read the sticky.."Updating Mobility Drivers".

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/01/2013 03:52 PM

Author Icon
doriandiaconu
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped It's supposed to say "catalyst instal manager" that's just a quirk of AMD. It has always said that...click it and you will be presented with choices...choose Express uninstall. If I were you, I would check the 'installed updates' from windows update...it might have downloaded /installed a microsoft driver. If so, delete it. Did you first check to see if your laptop supports Windows 8/8.1? If it does, they will have drivers for it...use them. If you have a Sony, Panasonic, or Toshiba laptop (or switchable graphics) forget it...you MUST use the drivers from the supplier. Read the sticky.."Updating Mobility Drivers".

I don't have the "express unistall" panel. This is what I get if I double click it for unistall

And when I select the file I ge the "Windows Installer" error from above.

I got a Lenovo laptop that supports Windows 8/8.1 Apprently right now I got an update from Microsoft reffering to the AMD graphic driver. Should I try to install it?

11/02/2013 07:28 AM

Author Icon
doriandiaconu
Peon

Tried the Catalsy Un-installer but with no success. It's still showing in the Control Panel.

Any ideas?

11/02/2013 07:55 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

The AMD catalyst uninstall app is not intended for win 8/8.1. It will screw up your computer requiring a re-install of the OS. It clearly states "For Windows 7 Only". You can try a system restore...but, if that doesn't work, reinstall and use the drivers the laptop manufacturer offers. Also, make sure you update thru Windows update before trying to install the drivers.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
86640 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.