Topic Title: Cannot install catalyst_mobility_64-bit_util
Topic Summary: Install button doesn't work?!
Created On: 11/14/2013 03:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2013 03:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Burch2112
Peon

Hey there!

So after wanting to clean up my pc and start fresh, I did a full system reboot to factory settings. This obviously reverted me back to the stock system drivers and of course I went to update and install the new ones.

I have done this process a few times now so I was used to doing the same routine and I knew how to do it. I uninstalled all of the AMD drivers and the AMD Install Manager and then attempted to install the new updated one. Everything seemed to be going okay until after I went through the process of downloading the driver and about to install it when the Install button doesn't work. In other words, I can spam click the install button and it does nothing, just stays highlighted and shows that I am indeed clicking it. I tried tabbing a few times and highlighting it and then hitting enter and still nothing. However the Finish button works just fine and exits out of the install manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't do anything on my computer since it is now running on the stock factory drivers with low resolution.

Thank you guys!

-Burch2112

11/14/2013 11:30 AM

Author Icon
Burch2112
Peon

Sorry for not adding some more detail. I was in a hurry to get this posted before I had to go to school.

I have a an ASUS G73Jh with the Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series.

Here is a screenshot I was able to capture showing the Install button not being clickable. http://imgur.com/GN5E6z7

Thanks again!

11/14/2013 01:37 PM

Author Icon
Laerck
Peon

Sorry to tag a post onto yours but Im having the same exact issue, Im also trying to do this with an ASUS G73JH with Win7 64.

Here is my process, Im sure its exactly like yours:

1. Download AMD Mobility Radeon DriverVerification Tool Version 13.9

2. Run and Install

3. After AMD Catalyst Mobility program is running I hit start download, after it downloads I hit install and nothing happens.

4. I run the file I just downloaded from the folder and am told that it is incompatible with the versionof windows that Im running.

5. Try to do same thing except as running as administrator and am told that windows cannot find the file, make sure I have typed the name correctly

I never fully uninstalled my drivers like the OP, but I still need to update them in order to get a few programs to work again.

11/14/2013 01:47 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You really need to stop using the "auto find and install"...I have a similar laptop graphics and have no problems, ever, updating them. You should download the drivers manually. That said, here is where I download my drivers and in the FAQ section of the forum is a clean install guide. All this is assuming you don't run the win8.1 OS.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/14/2013 01:52 PM

Author Icon
Burch2112
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped You really need to stop using the "auto find and install"...I have a similar laptop graphics and have no problems, ever, updating them. You should download the drivers manually. That said, here is where I download my drivers and in the FAQ section of the forum is a clean install guide. All this is assuming you don't run the win8.1 OS.

I don't use the "auto find an install"... I know what driver I needed to update to and found it and this issue arose. When I get home I'll try the link with the Beta drivers you listed, but I'm pretty sure I tried a similar beta driver if not the same one and the same thing happened.

11/14/2013 01:55 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Laerck Sorry to tag a post onto yours but Im having the same exact issue, Im also trying to do this with an ASUS G73JH with Win7 64.

Here is my process, Im sure its exactly like yours:

1. Download AMD Mobility Radeon DriverVerification Tool Version 13.9

2. Run and Install

3. After AMD Catalyst Mobility program is running I hit start download, after it downloads I hit install and nothing happens.

4. I run the file I just downloaded from the folder and am told that it is incompatible with the versionof windows that Im running.

5. Try to do same thing except as running as administrator and am told that windows cannot find the file, make sure I have typed the name correctly

I never fully uninstalled my drivers like the OP, but I still need to update them in order to get a few programs to work again.

Sorry, read this guys post...

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

11/14/2013 01:59 PM

Author Icon
Laerck
Peon

I dont use the auto-find an install either, I just tried it after I go through all the menus on the link  and it doesnt work

I uninstalled all the AMD software using the 13.11 beta catalyst exe file you provided stumped, also uninstalled my drivers for my graphics card, and did a reboot.

Then after rebooting ran the 13.11 catalyst file and did a fresh install, everything came back, my radeon card reappeared in device manager as well, however it still lists driver version of 8.683.0.0 with a driver date of 12/17/2009. Correct me if Im wrong, but shouldnt it have installed a new version? Or is this because it is keeping the drivers for my specific model of laptop?

Edited: 11/14/2013 at 02:30 PM by Laerck
 11/14/2013 04:00 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Laerck I dont use the auto-find an install either, I just tried it after I go through all the menus on the link  and it doesnt work

I uninstalled all the AMD software using the 13.11 beta catalyst exe file you provided stumped, also uninstalled my drivers for my graphics card, and did a reboot.

Then after rebooting ran the 13.11 catalyst file and did a fresh install, everything came back, my radeon card reappeared in device manager as well, however it still lists driver version of 8.683.0.0 with a driver date of 12/17/2009. Correct me if Im wrong, but shouldnt it have installed a new version? Or is this because it is keeping the drivers for my specific model of laptop?

Ok...here is a post that deals with a different issue, but the suggested fix is the same as you are experiencing. You can also go into device manager, graphics, update driver, choose 'browse my computer', and navigate to the new driver file you have downloded...install.

Statistics
84194 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.