Topic Title: Overscan issues when using HDMI
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2013 03:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/16/2013 03:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
liquidhalos
Peon

Hello everyone

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 yesterday and since ive been having issues with a 2 inch border when viewing the laptop screen on the TV using HDMI.

In windows 7 i used to have to use the ati control panel that came with the driver download (it wasnt called catalyst but something else and for the life of me i cant remember)  But windows installed the driver for me and there is no supporting program. 

When i use the ATI driver check tool it says im up to date and if i try to uninstall the current driver in windows im unable to as the uninstall driver option in device manager is greyed out.

My card is the AMD Radeon HD 6520G, im using windows 8

My question is, could someone please tell me which drivers i have to manually download in order to force windows to install the control panel for ATI.  If i follow the options in the drop down menu on the driver download page i am unable to locate any drivers that have the G at the end, the rest say M.

Im sorry if this is a dumb question but im a complete novice in this department. 

Thank you ever so much for your help in advance.

Steve

11/18/2013 10:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Can you provide the community the specifications for your laptop.  The brand and model of laptop you have would also be beneficial. 

Did you go to Windows 8.1 or 8?  How did you upgrade from 7 too?  Was it a upgrade offered by the laptop maker?  Did you complete an entire system reformat and clean install of the new OS or use an "upgrade" feature/option?

;Marc 

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
85318 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.