Topic Title: Windows 8.1 64Bit - AMD Catalyst 13.12 - ATI Technologies is empty
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/19/2013 05:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/19/2013 05:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dahood
Peon

Hi,

Today I reinstalled Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit. Then I installed the new "AMD Catalyst 13.12". But the folder "ATI Technologies" is empty. I had the same problem with "AMD Catalyst 13.11 BetaV9.5" and "AMD Catalyst 13.9" gives me this message error "Application Install: install package failure!"

I am using "Pavilion dv6-6160se" with Graphic Display: AMD Radeon HD 6770M.

I am facing that problem since 3 month. Since I have installed windows 8.1 and since 4 days I did intensive research (google) to find a solution.

Just for the records. i do not need to reinstall the previous driver etc. since I installed Windows 8.1 new and the first think I did was installing the driver and software. Well, the driver is installed but not the software and I really need the software for games(there are some settings I need to uncheck or check) and Photoshop(I think). 

Please help me to find a solution to my problem. I tried everything but i cant figure it out why it doesnt install the Software and why the folder "ATI Technologies" is empty.

In Windows 8 or 7 it works fine. the "ATI Technologies" was not empty and when I right clicked on the desktop, a drop down box appeared where i could see and could click on the software Catalyst Center. 

12/21/2013 02:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
quantrus
Peon

Are you try to install catalyst for desktop? Use mobility catalyst.

Direct link:

http://www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

Statistics
84903 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.