Topic Title: Problems with latest drivers - brightness control and...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/21/2013 11:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/21/2013 11:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KOLYTFR
Peon

Hello! Sorry my bad english)

I have notebook HP Pavilion dv6-3026er with 2 videocards - integrated Intel HD and discrete ATI Radeon HD 5650. Starting from drivers 13.11beta (latest 13.12 mobility too) I have the following problems:

1. Display brightness control is not working (via windows mobility Center and via keyboard keys). Always max brightness.

2. Previously, I had two monitors in device Manager and accordingly two desktops - each for one video card. Now it is only one monitor and it is for Radeon card.

NOTE: When I switch on intel integrated card - Display brightness control is working correctly.

And then I try to switch back to Radeon - screen backlight turns off completely. Then I reboot and backlight turns on.

Previous drivers 13.9 works fine for me... but starting from 13.11beta... What I have to do? I want to use latest AMD drivers.

And what's changed in latest drivers that it does not work fine with 2 videocards laptops???

03/08/2014 03:13 PM

Author Icon
hpEnvy15
Peon

I'm having the same problem with a clean install of Windows 8.1 and the latest Catalyst drivers.

HP Envy 15 model 1150nr laptop

Mobility Radeon 5830 graphics

Here's what is happening for me. Windows initially installs the " Microsoft basic Display Adapter" driver. With this driver, the brightness controls work fine, whether it's being changed from the kepboard function keys, from the Power Options screen, or from the Windows 8.1 settings menu (Win + I).

As soon as the driver is updated to the lastest Catalyst version, brightness controls stop working completely. I've tried every proposed solution found online to no avail.

Also tried using the latest beta version of Catalyst. Still doesn't work. I have updated all necessary drivers, including Intel chipset motherboard drivers. 

When the latest Catalyst drivers are installed, brigtness controls just don't work. Reverting back to the MS basic display adapter fixes the issue immediately (without rebooting even), but is not an optimal driver for performance, so it's not really a good option.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

05/29/2014 04:24 AM

Author Icon
insanityman
Peon

The same problem here with MSI GX740 and HD5870. After chcnging my windows from 7 to 8 and 8.1, i have problem with brightness. After installing newest drivers- 14.4, my screen is so dark, that i can't use my laptop properly and i can't adjust brightness. After uninstalling AMD drivers or changing to very old microsoft drivers- 2006 i think, everything is nrmal and i'm able to adjust my brightness. Any solutions?

05/31/2014 10:26 AM

Author Icon
Einhaender
Peon

Same here on Samsung Chronos 7 770Z7E-S02DE. 

It's 100% Win8.1 compatible and the issues didn't even start right after I installed the latest catalyst but rather after I formatted it and reinstalled windows.

I have no idea why I had no problem with 14.4 and Win8.1 before the reinstallation(I can only guess that there was an optional Update I left out), but now it's there and won't go unless I uninstall either Win 8.1 or 14.4.

Statistics
85397 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.