Topic Title: Very low fps in League of Legends
Topic Summary: The fps drops down to 5 or 6 when the game starts.
Created On: 12/22/2013 12:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/22/2013 12:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Adib254
Peon

Hello,

I have been noticing that whenever I play League of Legends (specifically: I play in the garena server) the switchable grahpic doesn't work for the game. I use a laptop, below is the config.:

Dell Inspiron 15R 5521

-------------------------------

Intel Core i7 3.1Ghz

AMD RADEON HD 8730M

Intel HD 4000

8GB RAM

I used the power monitor option in the catalyst control center and found out that "League of Legends.exe" never uses the AMD gpu instead it use the Intel card. I then installed the 13.11 driver and noticed that fps drops down to 3 or 4. I later updated to the latest 13.12 and its still the same so I have to disable the AMD card from device manager to play the game properly with just the intel card at about 70fps with vsync off in high details but it often lags a lot. FYI I also monitored the power usage after upgrading to 13.12 and 13.11 version of catalyst but League of Legends.exe was not using AMD gpu at all. And yes I did put League of Legends.exe in high performance from catalyst's switchable graphic but still no luck. I even tried by turning off the intel card and only used the amd card but still i got about 4-5 fps in the game.

Please fix it as soon as possible, its becoming very irretating as all other games I played worked perfectly, even I played many games at ulta details withoug lag like hitman absolution, bioshock infinit, etc, but this game which I play regularly has to face such problem.

01/02/2014 01:42 PM

Author Icon
s0pran4s
Peon

hello, i have this problem to... low fps when i play LOL i cant uderstand whats hapaned.

my pc is Dell Inspiron 15R 5521

Intel Core i7 3.1Ghz

AMD RADEON HD 8730M

Intel HD 4000

8GB RAM

ADIB254 how u see which gpu use pc?

01/02/2014 04:15 PM

Author Icon
s0pran4s
Peon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqvK3B69UwQ this video explain how fix this problem ;]]]

01/02/2014 04:30 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

...or read the sticky

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=168570&enterthread=y

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

01/04/2014 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Sefert
Peon

Why are you guys giving solutions that doesn't work. First of all most Dell laptop bios doesnt have the possibility to switch between fixed and dynamic graphics. On all the topics you are giving people solutions that wont work. Newer games (yes) work , but with a bit older games support is gone. This problem seems to be mostly with online games. They work with intel only and they tend to crash. Like I play Perfect World International on Dell HD7730M, but instead its running on intel 4000. What I have done:

All that manual setting for High, updated bios, installed, deinstalled all kind of driver versions, veryfied files, repaired system registry even tryed to manupulate with game system detect files with no solution.

We tell you that we set manually the game.exe to higher graphics in catalyst. We check bios- there is no switch of fixed and dynamic. And as i have read the manufacturer might even not be able to do it. Not every1 has HP- there are a lot of other manufacturers.

Game makers point the finger on AMD and Intel, AMD points it to manufacturer and manufacturer points it back. How i have determined that the switch is not working is with system monitoring tools, like AMD system monitor and some others. Gpu is not switching from intel HD4000 to 7000 series graphics with some games. We are looking for solution. We dont know where the problem lies, but it is there.

Even catalyst itself example with Perfect World International doesnt detect the game.exe runing. It detects only when you make catalyst to detect the first game.exe launch to set whether power save or higher seting. But even if you use the catalyst to detect runing exe files, It leaves out the games that are supposed to be runing in high mode. catalyst itself even doesnt detect the .exe

01/07/2014 06:39 PM

Author Icon
rabidzombie2015
Peon

I am having the same exact issue. I do not have switchable graphics, only a HD Radeon 6620G Graphics Card. I have been playing LoL between 45-60 FPS for the past year and half with no problems and all of a sudden after updating my framerate throughout the game is abysmal, never rising above 30, but dipping down to single digits. 

Statistics
84908 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.