Topic Title: Radeon HD 7670m updating problem.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/23/2013 11:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/23/2013 11:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sbwalshe
Peon

Hi guys,

So I tried to update my amd driver to the latest Catalyst version 13.12. I installed not using autodetecter or any tool..After installing it and restarting, I notice that the Catalyst control center couldn't be found. What seems to be the problem?

Here are important info's you guys might need:

Graphics:
Radeon hd 7670m (HP notebook laptop)

Current amd catalyst driver: 
    well.. this is what it says when i open my current driver installer:

VERSION:  8.933.3.4000 REV:  A 

DESCRIPTION:  

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

Enhancement bullet:

- Provides Intel Graphics Driver version 8.15.10.2712 (in addition to the AMD Graphics Driver) to support the Intel GPU in notebooks with switchable graphics.

Operating System:

windows 7 Home basic 64 bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Issue Details:

I noticed when Installing the latest driver my screen didn't flicker once, it installed too fast, it never said I lacked any program, the ATI Technologies folder had nothing in it. The driver was 203 mb.

12/26/2013 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
light_30
Peon

i have the same graphic card on my notebook (7670m), and i run the autodetecter of catalyst 13.12 and it says that the graphic is not compatible with 13.12 drivers.

Statistics
84150 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.