Topic Title: BSOD 0x10000007e caused by igdkmd64.sys or dxkrnl.sys
Topic Summary: It's impossible to use the Catalyst drivers newer than 13.1
Created On: 12/24/2013 02:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/24/2013 02:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
4r0
Peon

Hello!
I have HP Pavilion dv6-6077er laptop with switchable graphics (Intel HD 3000 + 1 GB Radeon HD 6770M).

The thing is, that HP hasn't released the new graphic drivers for my laptop since Sep 2011.
The only way to update the graphic drivers for me was an installation of the newer Catalyst drivers "over" HP graphic drivers, but this hasn't worked since Catalyst 13.2 beta. No, it works, but it works with the BSODs which appear either while switching the graphics cards (from Intel to Radeon) or while starting Windows.

Now (since 13.11 beta) it's possible to install the standalone drivers for the Intel graphics and for the Radeon graphics separately, but the BSODs appear as usual.

As I know, the BSOD problem doesn't exist for all the Intel+Radeon laptop users, but only for the users of the laptops with Intel+Radeon switchable graphics which don't support dynamic mode (dynamic graphics cards switching). Unfortunately, my laptop supports only fixed mode (I'm using the latest BIOS).

I sent the reports with the complete memory dumps of my BSODs to AMD support many times, but nothing has changed till now...

Is there any possibility that AMD will solve this problem? I can send the complete memory dumps of the BSODs to whoever and give any other information for this problem to be solved. Tnx in advance.

Edited: 12/24/2013 at 03:25 PM by 4r0
 02/07/2014 04:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
4r0
Peon

This BSOD also appears when using the latest Catalyst 14.1.

Unfortunately my reports seem not to be read at all...

Here is my latest report:

"Hello. I have a laptop with Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6770M hybrid graphics, it supports only fixed mode (no dynamic switching). I'm using the latest graphics drivers: Intel 9.17.10.3347 and Catalyst 14.1 beta. Before installing the new drivers I completely removed the older ones.
Intel card ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_1657103C&REV_09
Radeon card ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&SUBSYS_1657103C&REV_00
So, the main problem is that the BSOD (0x1000007e SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) usually appears when loading Windows (after turning on the laptop or after reboot), it is always caused by dxgkrnl.sys (my DirectX version is up-to-date though). This BSOD usually appears when using any Catalyst driver released in 2013, and it is not solved until now. But with Catalyst 14.1 the BSOD appears not so often - just once a day, with the previous versions of Catalyst drivers I was getting BSOD after almost every reboot. The BSOD dumps (core dump and full dump) can be easily downloaded from https://mega.co.nz/#!a9RggQAZ!NAD3nnyubatBmzu9YYvX9UJKfepi8kOQ84EV7QKHHQM
The other owners of the laptops with Intel + Radeon HD 6770M hybrid graphics are experiencing the same problem when using fixed mode (in fixed mode the graphics cards can be switched only manually). The thing is, that the laptops with 1 GB Radeon HD 6770M graphics card support only fixed mode, thus all of them have the same BSOD problem.
The other problem is that the brightness control doesn't work when using the Radeon card, but it can be easily solved by changing the FTC value to F940.
Please solve these problems, at least the BSOD one. Thanks in advance."

Statistics
84275 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.