Topic Title: AMD Radeon 6470M & 6620 G on my Laptop will not install AMD Catalyst
Topic Summary: Constantly recieving an error message about my video adapter
Created On: 01/07/2014 04:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2014 04:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
LordSimo
Peon

I've been having consistent problems with my video card and I want to finally fix it because it's been driving me up a wall. I tried using the Auto Detect and install but it always sends me to an error message.

Someone posted on how to get through a clean install and then go into safe mode and delete this blah blah blah, but when I got there, the token wasn't there so I assumed that I the uninstall had worked.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 8 I believe, my dxdiag says n/a for a lot of things for some reason. Windows 7 64-bit. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon Hd 6620G, but it also says in device manager 6470M.

A brief history as to why my laptop is a bit screwed up is because in February of last year I hot started it. While it was starting up, I was impatient and I pressed the boot button again. And then after it just wouldn't start, so I had to reinstall windows and all my drivers. I believe this may be the cause of my laptop issues. Can anyone help me please? I don't want my laptop to have anymore probelms anymore.

In addition, I uninstalled Catalyst, and now my External mouse does not work.

Statistics
87560 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.