Topic Title: AMD Radeon 6470M & 6620 G on my Laptop will not install AMD Catalyst
Topic Summary: Constantly recieving an error message about my video adapter
Created On: 01/07/2014 04:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2014 04:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
LordSimo
Peon

I've been having consistent problems with my video card and I want to finally fix it because it's been driving me up a wall. I tried using the Auto Detect and install but it always sends me to an error message.

Someone posted on how to get through a clean install and then go into safe mode and delete this blah blah blah, but when I got there, the token wasn't there so I assumed that I the uninstall had worked.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 8 I believe, my dxdiag says n/a for a lot of things for some reason. Windows 7 64-bit. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon Hd 6620G, but it also says in device manager 6470M.

A brief history as to why my laptop is a bit screwed up is because in February of last year I hot started it. While it was starting up, I was impatient and I pressed the boot button again. And then after it just wouldn't start, so I had to reinstall windows and all my drivers. I believe this may be the cause of my laptop issues. Can anyone help me please? I don't want my laptop to have anymore probelms anymore.

In addition, I uninstalled Catalyst, and now my External mouse does not work.

Statistics
85492 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.