Topic Title: dumb question about drivers missing
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/07/2014 07:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2014 07:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WarSxNes
Peon

example

Hi guys, first I say sorry if this is not the right place to do this question.

Well, I have a laptop with a AMD processor and integrated ATI video card. So the first step I did, was go to the AMD website at [drivers + download center], then I followed the instructions to do the 5 steps to find the driver pack which I need.

After donwload and install the last version of this driver pack, I go to device manager of windows, but I notice that some devices are still as standard driver which came when you install a clean OS.

For example: the device under the label "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" << [Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller] is standard driver from microsoft after install the last driver pack that I downloaded.

10-2_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe <<< this is the driver pack that I downloaded directly from AMD from download center by myself following the 5 steps.

So, my question is why this device and others didn't were updated after installed that pack that I mentioned above?

Anyway, let me tell you guys that I know a little about computers. So I tried to find and install manually each driver to each device.

Well, I tried with "hardware IDs" and some tools like "driver magician" or "drivermax".

But, I get surprised when "Driver Magician" showed me a link to download a driver pack which can be download directly from AMD website.

So I don't understand where and how "Driver Magician" can found the driver pack when I can't find it by myself.

So my other question is what is the difference between these packs?

10-2_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe <<< I downloaded from AMD.

13-9_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe <<< Driver Magician but sent me to AMD to be download.

Oh! I almost forgot say that my laptop has a AMD Turion 2.00 Ghz with an ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 and Windows Vista as original OS but I upgraded to Windows 8.1 like clean OS.

So In a few words, Where Can I find the driver pack at AMD website that "Driver Magician" helped me to find it? and which is the difference between both driver packs?

NOTE:

Both driver packs works well on Win 8.1

Edited: 01/07/2014 at 07:54 PM by WarSxNes
Statistics
84981 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.