Topic Title: True Crime: New York City
Topic Summary: Invisible roads with AMD video cards.
Created On: 02/11/2014 09:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/11/2014 09:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
john925
Peon

I know this a pretty dated game, but i wanted to play it. I got it on my pc and everything runs well except the roads are invisible. I've been looking around online and have been seeing that its an AMD issue but works fine with Nvidia. I also have Intel HD 3000 graphics on my computer, but CCC won't let me switch over for some reason. Any figure this out? I tried running in compatibility mode but that changed nothing. It's friggin' annoying.

Edited: 02/11/2014 at 10:33 PM by john925
 02/12/2014 01:09 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

This is what works for me (I don't have Lucid MVP installed) - You should be able to disable your AMD gpu via Device Manager. Verify that the Intel HD3000 is enabled first.  If you have two cables use a VGA cable for the HD3000; then after disabling the AMD graphics you may need to use the monitor OSD to switch to VGA from whatever you have your AMD on.

Cross your fingers and hope that the game will run with the HD3000 (some older games don't recognise Integrated graphics as a viable option).

When you re-enable the AMD graphics it will normally switch back to DVI (etc) from the VGA automatically. Sometimes you will have to re-boot to get the AMD to run again, but this normally only happens if you shut down or re-boot while the AMD gpu is disabled.

AMD drivers do seem to miss supporting a few games. I have problems running a couple of older games from Techland  that run well on my Nvidia machine.

Edited: 02/12/2014 at 01:17 AM by Dinwiddie
 02/12/2014 01:44 AM

Author Icon
john925
Peon

Thanks for the reply. I'm running Bootcamp on my laptop, so of course everythings a bit more of a pain in the ass than your standard PC laptop. I looked through my drivers and the Intel HD 3000 driver is definitley in there, but for some reason wont let me install it. It says that my system doesnt meet the requirements for the regular and 64bit driver. Which is funny, because both my AMD and Intel graphics came with the computer. It even says it on the box. I'm currently looking on the Intel website for any updates or some kind of help because i think it may be an Intel issue that runs deeper than just the game.

02/12/2014 01:58 AM

Author Icon
Dinwiddie
Grinding Levels

Ah! Laptop. I'm begingin why the others here always start with 'read the sticky'... and post your system specs. 

I don't know about the mysteries of laptop configurations. Bootcamp, Optimus, and all that. If no one else makes any suggestions try the laptops mfg's forums.

With laptops it's generally best to get the graphics drivers for both Intel and the dedicated card from the laptop mfg.

02/12/2014 02:04 AM

Author Icon
john925
Peon

Yeah i probably should have been a bit more clear on that. But yeah thanks for the suggestions. I really doubt its anything on the AMD side of things. I've never had any issues with AMD as far as gaming other than the CCC which im not a fan of. Other than that, its really exceeded what i expected graphics wise considering that now its fairly old (Radeon 6770M). Ill keep digging around and seeing what i find, and maybe harrass Intel a bit and possibly Apple lol. Thanks for the info though.

Statistics
84311 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.