Topic Title: Radeon HD8570M problem with firefox
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/22/2014 10:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2014 10:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
twixer
Peon

Hello, I have bought few days ago new ultrabook - Samsung 730u3e-s01pl.

I have updated Windows to 8.1 and i have problem because i cannot change firefox (and other applications, like iexplorer) power mode in Catalyst. I have lock icon and power saving.

I noticed, that sometimes my mouse jams and generally works slow (etc.) on firefox. What can I do with this?

Best regards, Rafal

02/26/2014 01:45 PM

Author Icon
k1ll3runa
Peon

I bet AMD are trying to cover up the failure to produce an all compatible switchable graphics system by power locking certain software.I own an Intel HD 2500 + AMD HD 8670M , and I am also unable to switch the graphics processor for my Opera browser and KMplayer.

-------------------------

AMD HD 8670M Owner

02/26/2014 05:32 PM

Author Icon
ceraf
Peon

Certain applications are profiled to the power saving GPU because there is generally little to no performance benefit to profiling them to high performance GPU. These profiles are usually determined by the manufacturer and/or AMD themselves.

I see that your laptop uses Intel-based integrated graphics + AMD discrete GPU; check if you have the latest Intel and AMD drivers from the Samsung website. Microsoft changed a lot of things on the backend with Windows 8.1, so there may be some issues with older drivers.

Statistics
81014 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.