Topic Title: Error with MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete.exe.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2014 07:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2014 07:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Malickfan86
Peon

Hi,

Due to the problems of my last laptop (constant BSODs due to the wrong drivers being installed for the graphics successively), I now only update via my computer manufacturer's website. It wasn't just my last computer I had graphics drivers issues with. Last year, shortly after I bought this computer, I tried updating my AMD graphics driver (I don't remember the exact version) and my system slowed down considerably. Luckily I anticipated issues so I made a full backup the day before. Even a System Restore did not eliminate the slowness so I had to restore from my full image backup.

I know HP is famous for adjusting their graphics drivers further after the OEM releases them. Therefore there is no way to know whether a driver will be truly compatible with my particular model (which is an m6-1158, by the way). HP support has been unhelpful in the past. Well they haven't released new drivers for Windows 8.1. Now, in Event Viewer and Reliability Monitor, I notice that MMLoadDrvPXDiscrete.exe crashes every time my system boots up. However I don't have any issues with gaming.

I would strongly prefer to just disable the executable on start-up. If I don't want to risk a driver update, would this be advisable? Since it crashes anyway it probably won't make a difference at all, right?

Here is my system information:

Intel HD Graphics 4000

AMD Radeon HD 7670M

I have an HP m6-1158 notebook with Windows 8.1. Here are the specifications:

- 2.24GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.40GH

- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM

- Maximum supported = 16GB

- 2 user accessible

- AMD Radeon HD 7670M switchable graphics with 2048MB DDR3 and up to 6350MB total graphics memory

- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)

- 1TB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

- SuperMulti DVD burner

- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

- 802.11b/g/n WLAN

- Bluetooth with WiDi

- Beats Audio dual speakers and a subwoofer

- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad

- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button

Edited: 03/04/2014 at 04:33 PM by Malickfan86
 03/06/2014 03:28 PM

Author Icon
Malickfan86
Peon

Well I guess this just goes to show how unhelpful AMD actually is.

For anyone who finds this and has a similar issue, I found out from elsewhere that it's safe to disable CLIStart.exe (run name StartCCC). This will end the error message and will not affect gaming performance. I even tried to change switchable graphics options and it works.

03/06/2014 03:34 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Malickfan86 Well I guess this just goes to show how unhelpful AMD actually is.

For anyone who finds this and has a similar issue, I found out from elsewhere that it's safe to disable CLIStart.exe (run name StartCCC). This will end the error message and will not affect gaming performance. I even tried to change switchable graphics options and it works.

This is a user-to-user gaming support forum. Not AMD technical support. If you want to contact AMD use one of the many ways to do that. Obiviously nobody has your nubie problem. Grow up.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

03/26/2014 06:48 PM

Author Icon
Malickfan86
Peon

Well with your friendly attitude, I'm sure AMD is seriously disappointed you won't officially rep them.

With my last computer I had a horrible time finding contact information for AMD's technical support. That's why I was glad to find this forum. Since it is an official AMD forum, I'd like to think they ensure that everyone is assisted.

I've Googled this issue thoroughly so posting here isn't something that I did lightly. Even if I did, I'm not sure why that makes you so upset. Clearly this is not a "nubie" issue since no one has been able to answer it but me.

Statistics
86400 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.