Topic Title: Catalyst Beta mobility
Topic Summary: When can we expect beta mobility support again?
Created On: 03/18/2014 05:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2014 05:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SavagelyEpic
Peon

I noticed that ever since the Mantle/Phase 2 Xfire betas started rolling out mobility cards were not supported. The first 14.1 beta mobility installation was just 13.12, and every beta release after that hasn't even had a mobility download link anymore.

This is disturbing on a number of levels, not in the least because it assumes those of us with mobility cards have no need whatsoever for cutting edge gaming.

It leaves us months behind the curve when it comes to addressing new issues and supporting new titles, to say nothing of the fact that mobility cards still do not have a mantle driver.

:. When can mobility users expect beta releases to resume mobile support?

03/18/2014 04:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Yes, they are supported. Scroll down the 'read me' file and you will see witch Mobility chips are supported. I just installed the latest Beta on my Asus  as I have done with each of the previous ones...using the link below. You MUST install the existing drivers  and reboot before attempting to install the new beta.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

EDIT: This is assuming you have read "Updating Mobility Drivers" and don't have one of the listed manufacturers product or 'switchable graphics'.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
85407 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.