Topic Title: Installing graphics Driver
Topic Summary: I uninstalled AMD Radeon HD6320 graphics and having problems reinstalling
Created On: 03/19/2014 07:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2014 07:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
glinfoot
Peon

First I should let you know I am not computer literate.  This started when I kept seeing a message in my action center that said AMD/ATI driver had stopped responding on 10-25-13, I learned that I have

My Graphic hardware is E series APU

I'm on a Lenova Laptop

My operating System is Windows 7, 64 bit
They reported I have AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

I use IE 10, compatibility version due to a mandatory business program
I also use FF 27.01

Because of the concern in the action center I went to the Microsoft community website and it suggested I update my graphics driver, I used the AMD site and used auto detect all very successfully.  But the error message was still there, I went back to the Microsoft Community website and it said to uninstall and use AMD website to reinstall, I uninstalled but then could not get the auto detect to run after downloading (there was no run option, while I could get it on the download list and right click and use the run option, it did nothing other than flash a screen at me that was too fast for me to read)  I finally went back and tried to do it manually by filling in the values using the information I listed above, and it downloaded and ran.  My screen now looks normal, however several things are different.  In the Device manager it no longer says I have a display driver AMD Radeon HD6320 and I can not find anything similar or that says a graphics driver.  Second the message in the action center is still there.  I do not do any gaming, and I'm reasonably sure I do not want the AMD gaming ap that keeps poping up.  But I'm concerned about the changes.  I do want to eventually run Roku and I really do not know what that requires but I thought the message in the action center could be a problem.  Can anyone tell me if I need to be concerned that I no longer have the AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics?  SHould I be concerned about the message in the action center?  Do I need anything else to run Roku.  All help appreciated but please give thorough steps, I do not have a very large knowledge base and in fact do not know the differences of all the values that I filled in, so I need to know specifically what to do.

Thanks,

Statistics
88745 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.