Topic Title: Installing graphics Driver
Topic Summary: I uninstalled AMD Radeon HD6320 graphics and having problems reinstalling
Created On: 03/19/2014 07:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2014 07:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
glinfoot
Peon

First I should let you know I am not computer literate.  This started when I kept seeing a message in my action center that said AMD/ATI driver had stopped responding on 10-25-13, I learned that I have

My Graphic hardware is E series APU

I'm on a Lenova Laptop

My operating System is Windows 7, 64 bit
They reported I have AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

I use IE 10, compatibility version due to a mandatory business program
I also use FF 27.01

Because of the concern in the action center I went to the Microsoft community website and it suggested I update my graphics driver, I used the AMD site and used auto detect all very successfully.  But the error message was still there, I went back to the Microsoft Community website and it said to uninstall and use AMD website to reinstall, I uninstalled but then could not get the auto detect to run after downloading (there was no run option, while I could get it on the download list and right click and use the run option, it did nothing other than flash a screen at me that was too fast for me to read)  I finally went back and tried to do it manually by filling in the values using the information I listed above, and it downloaded and ran.  My screen now looks normal, however several things are different.  In the Device manager it no longer says I have a display driver AMD Radeon HD6320 and I can not find anything similar or that says a graphics driver.  Second the message in the action center is still there.  I do not do any gaming, and I'm reasonably sure I do not want the AMD gaming ap that keeps poping up.  But I'm concerned about the changes.  I do want to eventually run Roku and I really do not know what that requires but I thought the message in the action center could be a problem.  Can anyone tell me if I need to be concerned that I no longer have the AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics?  SHould I be concerned about the message in the action center?  Do I need anything else to run Roku.  All help appreciated but please give thorough steps, I do not have a very large knowledge base and in fact do not know the differences of all the values that I filled in, so I need to know specifically what to do.

Thanks,

Statistics
84264 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.