- ATI Radeon HD5870
- I've been running mostly at 405mhz and tested it up to 800mhz.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 18.104.22.168 - though another tool reports it as Catalyst 13.4
- Win 7 Professional, x64
- My machine is an MSI GX660R laptop.
I accidentally dragged the memory clock slider to somewhere above 1000Mhz, it froze my pc to a black screen, and now happens every time I run CCC.
I've gone through and uninstalled (even removed various reg keys) all ATI/AMD tools, but when I re-install and run CCC, it freezes my pc again.
Now I have CCC removed, and my pc runs fine, and I can view and edit the core clock speed using MSI Afterburner.
So this isn't a huge issue, but I use the CCC for other adjustements as I have dual monitors and often move my laptop.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- MSI MS-16F1 (I think, not 100% sure)
- It's whatever the MSI-660R's standard is, I don't know.
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- built in 17" 1920x1080 screen
- One additional HDMI connected 1920x1080 screen
Applications and Games
- Happens outside of games
- Intel Core i5 M480 2.67Ghz
- No overclocking done
Motherboard BIOS Version
- I'll fill it in later, it's my only computer, and i can't restart
System Memory Type & Amount
- 2x4Gb DDR3 RAM
- Two separate phyiscal standard 2.5" drives at 500Gb each
- The crash only happens when I run CCC now. Modifying my core gpu speed with another program is fine, and I can work on my pc as normal. As mentioned, uninstalling/reinstalling the catalyst software does NOT help.
My PC is clean of viruses, and regularly updated.