Topic Title: AMD HD 7970M Driver/CCC Issues.
Topic Summary: HELP! -- INF Error/VGA Graphics Adapter --
Created On: 03/22/2014 12:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/22/2014 12:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rdk3
Peon

I have a Sager NP9170 with AMD HD 7970M Graphics Card with the switchable Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Windows 7 x64.

I attempted to update the drivers with the Catalyst Install Manager and kept getting the INF File not found error. I uninstalled CCC and the Graphics Card and started over. The Graphics Card now comes up under Standard VGA Graphics Adapter instead of AMD HD7970M in the device manager. I still get the INF error when I use the Catalyst Installer and when I try to update the drivers myself by browsing for the file location, it says the driver software has been found for the 7970M card but there is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

I've tried just about everything I've seen to fix this, including the whole uninstall/reboot in safe/install and trying drivers from Clevo.

I'm out of ideas.

If anyone has ANY suggestions please let me know, they will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

03/26/2014 06:58 PM

Author Icon
roharrow
Peon

I had a similar problem upgrading the driver for my ATI Radeon HD 5770 card.  When trying to install 13.12 it gave me a 'Missing INF File' error and failed.  AMD support suggested that I re-install Windows and that the missing INF file was a Windows file.  They could not identify the file name itself (it is not noted in the install log).  I solved the problem by installing a legacy driver (Version 13.152.1.8000, which is noted as Driver Download 13-9).  Hope that helps.  I tried multiple legacy drivers and received a variety of errors and problems. 13-9 finally installed without error and is working fine so far.

03/26/2014 09:18 PM

Author Icon
creid1992
Peon

I don't know if this is the same thing but my card isn't being detected but both fans are spinning. I've tried installing through CCC and nothing happens. I've uninstalled old drivers using Ccleaner also and still nothing. I tried to install the driver through device manager but when I get to the .inf file, my card model (r9 270) is not actually in there

Statistics
85504 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.