Topic Title: CCC.exe and Disk usage time problems
Topic Summary: CCC is causing a disk bottleneck opening "random" files when booting.
Created On: 04/06/2014 05:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2014 05:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mwraiden
Peon

When booting, CCC.exe causes my notebook disk usage go to 100% causing a great slowdown in my system. When I checked in Window's Resources Monitor, It showed that CCC.exe was accessing multiple random files at once. I mean, CCC.exe was opening files totally unrelated to any gpu event(opened some documents in some folders in my desktop). Is that "normal"?(of course it shouldn't) I have checked for virus and malware and nothing seems wrong. I am a developer with some years in the field (just to let you know I am not a grandma-user-level) I remember the slowdowns when booting from day one anyway.

Can I prevent this? Why is that ccc needs to access files anyway? Any insights would be more than welcome.

System Details:
Microsoft Windows 8. Original and Up-to-Date. 

Samsung Chronos with:

GPU: AMD Raden HD 8870M, 2048 MB.
CPU: Intel i7-3635QM

No overclocks. 
Catalyst Version: 2012.1127.15.314

04/06/2014 05:58 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Just google ".net framework" and find out how it works.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/06/2014 08:26 PM

Author Icon
mwraiden
Peon

Thanks for the suggestion. Although, quite ambiguos, I think, you might be refering on how .net framework load assemblies and all that kind of dynamic linking.
Anyway, upon investigating a lilttle more, my problem is unrelated of "how .net framework works". A way of reproducing this issue is easy(in my case at least). Restart windows 8. As soon as it starts, open Visual Studio 2010 (No need to load a solution). (Haven't tested with other applications yet), and ccc.exe goes mad accesing files and folders on the disk. It isn't looking for assemblies or anything like it. It is opening my personal folders(as other folders). I think it is looking for exe files so it can add them automatically to the switchable graphics application menu. It is not even a single threaded file opening(queued), since several files and folders are opened at once. What kind of behavior is that! Is there a way to deactivate that automatic search or whatever it is?

Statistics
85573 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.