Topic Title: Integrated graphics possibly causing problems
Topic Summary: Cant use a range of artist software
Created On: 04/26/2014 08:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/26/2014 08:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jam
Peon

Hi.

Im currently having issues with Photoshop. Whenever I open up the liquify in photoshop, I get a black screen. After googling this issue I found that the only way to fix it is turning off the "Use Graphics Processor" 

Honestly I have no other choice but to do this. Whenever I have tried to update my AMD graphics card using an automatic detection option, it detects my Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, and closes down. Whenever I have tried to manually install a new AMD driver from AMD Website, I only get a beta driver option. Whenever I research the subject of downloading drivers for laptops with intergrated graphics, people suggest to download drivers only using the manufacturers built in downloading program.

In my case, thats SW Update by Samsung. Now I've already downloaded the recent drivers for both my Intel and AMD using the SW Update program, which leads to the question - What do I do to fix the issue of Photoshop not working in conjunction with my current graphics card/s?..

Now under the the switchable graphics option I've set Photoshop to High Performance which allows Photoshop to use the AMD GPU instead of the Intel GPU. However that still does not fix the issue because Photoshop wants another AMD driver.

Feel free to suggest a way of fixing this issue. Believe me I would happily buy another computer/ or change laptops GPU after all the issues I've experienced with Intergrated Graphics, and especially AMD Graphics cards... First there was the Lumion program which wasnt compatible with AMD, then there was E-on Vue once again not fully compatible with AMD, then there was Mari 2.5 not compatible with my AMD and intergrated graphics. And finally now theres Photoshop.

Laptop specs can be found here if you wish to see them:

http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/pc-peripherals/notebook-pc/ultra-portable/NP510R5E-S01AU

Thanks.

Statistics
85468 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.