Topic Title: Select GPU based on power source disappeared in CCC 14.6
Topic Summary: Since 14.6 there is no such feature
Created On: 06/06/2014 04:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/06/2014 04:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
derlee
Peon

Hi there,

Up to version 14.4, in CCC there was a feature "Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source (Fixed)". It allowed GPU to be enabled all the time and I was able to overclock my Radeon 6630m in MSI Afterburner even by +35% and I was happy.

I recently installed 14.6 beta drivers and this feature (select GPU based on power source) is no longer available. I can only assign a profile for apps like MSI Afterburner, but all clocks are still disabled. It seems CCC switches GPU to high performance only when GPU works under stress.

If I execute any GPU benchmark (like Furmark) and run a stress test that forces system to use high performance GPU, then I open MSI Afterburner - I can modify the clocks.

If I choose MSI AB to apply overclock when Windows starts, it causes a BSOD everytime Windows starts (8.1 Pro 64-bit).

There is a knowledge base http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/99 but it is no longer usefull.

I tried to reinstall drivers to 14.4 (with CCC that has such feature) and then I tried to update only draphic drivers to 14.6, leaving CCC old version with hope to still have this feature, but it seems the issue is within the driver, not in CCC - as there is the same issue with CCC 14.4 + driver 14.6.

Could you please advise me how to enable this feature that allows to set fixed GPU (based on power source)? It drives me mad when I need to minimalize Battlefield 4 to apply overclocked settings.

Rolling back to 14.4 WHQL (official drivers from AMD) solves the issue, but with little lose in performace.

C'mon AMD, be PRO, bring this feature back!

With respect.

Zbigniew

-------------------------
Dell Vostro 3550
Core i5, Radeon 6630m

Edited: 06/06/2014 at 04:14 AM by derlee
Statistics
88784 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.