Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD 5XXX Series Beta Driver 14.6 Problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/23/2014 09:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/23/2014 09:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Hi. I have leptop with two graphics hardware, the low performence Intel HD Graphics and high performence AMD Radeon HD 5XXX series. I always updating drivers, but after I updated to the 14.6 Beta version, the leptop show me that my graphics hardware is Intel HD Graphics, and he don't show me the AMD Radeon HD 5XXX

Any help will be great!
Thanks

Sorry for my bad English. 

06/23/2014 10:12 AM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Do you have an earlier restore point ?

-------------------------

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.7 RC3 aug12

06/23/2014 11:15 AM

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Originally posted by: backFireX64 Do you have an earlier restore point ?

No, I unistalled the driver and now I am without driver..

06/23/2014 01:28 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

The 14.4 and 14.6 drivers require you to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new. Follow this guide.

To install new AMD graphics drivers:

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Create a system restore point before, just in case.

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/25/2014 09:27 AM

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped The 14.4 and 14.6 drivers require you to uninstall your current drivers before installing the new. Follow this guide.

To install new AMD graphics drivers: 1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates 2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install 3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)   Create a system restore point before, just in case. Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).  Do not use 'auto-detect and install. Delete existing drivers from your computer: In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program' For computers with Intel processors: Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software' Including the install manager. For computers with AMD processors: Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot Install the new driver suite. Reboot

Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 is not installed.. this can be the reason for the issue? 

06/25/2014 04:37 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

yes

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

06/25/2014 10:19 PM

Author Icon
FunkyMike
Peon

Originally posted by: Shaihadad Hi. I have leptop with two graphics hardware, the low performence Intel HD Graphics and high performence AMD Radeon HD 5XXX series. I always updating drivers, but after I updated to the 14.6 Beta version, the leptop show me that my graphics hardware is Intel HD Graphics, and he don't show me the AMD Radeon HD 5XXX Any help will be great! Thanks Sorry for my bad English. 

Check your switching menu. 

This is the new norm.

Your laptop is now doing dynamic Switching as opposed to fixed switching.

Run a game to test this.

14.6 Drivers seem to have dropped fixed switching support and replaced it with a nifty little hack. (depending on if your mobo supports it or not)

06/25/2014 10:25 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

• When installing the AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
  • The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
  • These release notes provide information on the AMD Catalyst Display Driver only. For information on the AMD Multimedia Center™, HydraVision, HydraVision Basic Edition, Remote Wonder™, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at: http://support.amd.com/.
  • The AMD Catalyst 14.4 Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
  • AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics "horsepower" required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
  • Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.

• -------------------------

Statistics
    84868 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
    There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.