Topic Title: Black Bars Ingame after updating AMD Drivers. help!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/23/2014 03:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/23/2014 03:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZayZer
Peon

Hey! As title says this is my case and i really hope you people can help me! I recently re installed fallout new vegas to play it again on PC. I thought it was a bit laggy so i decided to upgrade my AMD drivers, now after i did this, everytime i start the game i have 2 fat black bars on top and bottom of the screen wich dont go away. i have searched the internett up and down but i cant find anything relevant to my particular case. people with the same issue are using a tv for screen or something else. I use a HP pavilion laptop and the screen on this laptop.

So to sum it up

I Have 2 black bars, top and bottom when i launch Fallout New Vegas(The problem doesent occur with for example TES: Skyrim)

This Problem started AFTER I updated my AMD Drivers. File Name: 
14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe  (Wich was the file the autodetect wanted me to have) and this file also installed AMD Catalyst Control Center wich i have never had before.

I Have tried many things, fickled with the resolution, scaling in ccc. etc. etc.

Relevant setup info:

HP Pavilion laptop, i use the laptop screen. no other screens.
AMD Radeon HD 7000 series card
Windows 7 64-bit 

Thanks for any response! really want to get another playthrough!

06/25/2014 03:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
emrvb
Peon

Sounds like a resolution is used by the game, that is not in the correct ratio for your display.

Not quite clear from your post: what is the native resolution of your desktop and which resolution is selected in the game? Is it the same as your desktop resolution ("native" counts as the same). Some games can also be played "windowed". This prevents resolution changing.

Statistics
84733 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.