Topic Title: AMD Radeon HD 5XXX Series Beta Driver 14.6 Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/24/2014 11:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/24/2014 11:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Hi. I have leptop with 2 graghics hardware. Intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 5XXX Series. I updated to 14.6 beta driver and now it shows to me that my graphics hardware is Intel HD Graphics, and I can't switch to AMD Radeon HD 5XXX Series. In dxdiag it shows me that my graphics hardware is Intel HD Graphics and the driver is ATI.. Strange.
Now the games don't working to me...please help to switch back the AMD Radeon HD 5XXX

Any solutions?

*Sorry for my bad English

06/24/2014 12:21 PM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Delete/ uninstall intel hd graphics driver/ software and disable it through device manager.

Clean install again the latest or previous AMD drivers.

Game on.

-------------------------

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.7 RC3 aug12

06/24/2014 04:09 PM

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Originally posted by: backFireX64 Delete/ uninstall intel hd graphics driver/ software and disable it through device manager.

Game on.

Now it says that is no driver in my pc and now Windows Aero is gone. 

06/24/2014 04:13 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

What is the make and model of your laptop? What OS?

Read me

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

06/24/2014 05:03 PM

Author Icon
backFireX64
Elite

Originally posted by: Shaihadad
Originally posted by: backFireX64 Delete/ uninstall intel hd graphics driver/ software and disable it through device manager.

Game on.

Oh, sorry.

You need to switch to amd graphics first, then do what i posted before.

As stumped asked, you should provide your exact system specs, because it's not the same with every laptop.

gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2, core i7 975 3.9ghz (stock voltage), windows 8.1 64-bit, corsair 12gb DDR3 1600mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, xfx HD 5970 + gigabyte HD 5970 (stock clocks), coolermaster ultimate 900w PSU.
amd catalyst 14.7 RC3 aug12

06/25/2014 09:26 AM

Author Icon
Shaihadad
Peon

Originally posted by: backFireX64
Originally posted by: Shaihadad

Game on.

Oh, sorry.

You need to switch to amd graphics first, then do what i posted before.

As stumped asked, you should provide your exact system specs, because it's not the same with every laptop.

I can't switch to AMD Graphics without driver. and when Driver beta 14.6 is Installed I can't switch between them..

06/25/2014 12:24 PM

Author Icon
Pav
Peon

I have the exact same issues. 

My system is:

HP laptop Pavilion Dv6 Intel I5 .27Ghz

Win 7 64

8gb ram

AMD ATI mobility Radeon HD5000 series. 

I have been installing Catalyst patches with no issues before, and the latest one I have installed is 14.4 driver installed in April 2014 with no issues at all. 

I installed 14.6 driver and games basically do not recognize the ATI HD radeon card, but instead use Intel graphics. Hence, the games cannot be played. 

I rolled back the driver to 14.4 and ATI card is working with no issues. 

I really wanted to try Wildstar MMO, allegedly this 14.6 driver fixes low FPS caused by ATI cards. 

Help please.

06/25/2014 04:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

The current drivers must be deleted before installing the new drivers. Here's a way to install new drivers.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers:

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Create a system restore point before, just in case.

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver.
      AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards.
      If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. (GPU-28041)
      Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic will not accept generic drivers. Get drivers from manufacturers support site.
      Laptops with 'switchable' graphics must use manufacturer supplied drivers.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

06/26/2014 10:46 AM

Author Icon
Pav
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped The current drivers must be deleted before installing the new drivers. Here's a way to install new drivers.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers: 1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates 2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install 3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update) Create a system restore point before, just in case. Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).  Do not use 'auto-detect and install. Delete existing drivers from your computer: In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program' For computers with Intel processors: Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software' Including the install manager. For computers with AMD processors: Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot Install the new driver suite.  Reboot   NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver.       AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards.       If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. (GPU-28041)       Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic will not accept generic drivers. Get drivers from manufacturers support site.       Laptops with 'switchable' graphics must use manufacturer supplied drivers.

Thanks for your reply. 

So far when installing Catalyst patches I never uninstalled previous patches and I never had any problems. 

Is this a new requirement for 14.6 patch? 

06/26/2014 05:23 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: Pav
Originally posted by: stumped The current drivers must be deleted before installing the new drivers. Here's a way to install new drivers.

To perform a 'clean install' of AMD graphics drivers: 1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates 2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install 3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update) Create a system restore point before, just in case. Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).  Do not use 'auto-detect and install. Delete existing drivers from your computer: In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program' For computers with Intel processors: Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software' Including the install manager. For computers with AMD processors: Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot Install the new driver suite.  Reboot   NOTE! Certain laptop configurations are not compatible with AMD's Mobility Catalyst™ Driver.       AMD provides graphics drivers for most laptop brands and models for the Mobility Radeon™ HD series of graphics cards.       If the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool reports that the hardware is incompatible, then the notebook manufacturer is the exclusive provider of the graphics drivers for your notebook. (GPU-28041)       Sony, Toshiba, and Panasonic will not accept generic drivers. Get drivers from manufacturers support site.       Laptops with 'switchable' graphics must use manufacturer supplied drivers.

Thanks for your reply. 

So far when installing Catalyst patches I never uninstalled previous patches and I never had any problems. 

Is this a new requirement for 14.6 patch? 

It's not that new of a thing...many previous releases have had the same requirement.

Read for yourself

Statistics
84708 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.